How we do business is just as important as what we do. Definity is committed to helping our employees and our communities thrive.
Our inclusive environment empowers employees to innovate with colleagues and implement even better ways of doing things, where they work and where they live.
At Definity, everyone has a voice at the table, so feel free to bring your true self to work.
Our employee groups include Women's Empowerment, LGBTQ+, and Anti-Racism & Cultural Equity. They identify barriers to inclusion and make recommendations for a better workplace. They also raise awareness, advocate, and educate within Definity and in our communities.
- 90% of employee survey respondents said Definity's work environment accepts diverse backgrounds and ways of thinking*
- 88% of respondents feel accepted and included for who they are at work*
- $80,000 donated to support diversity and inclusion initiatives across Canada+
Diversity at work partners
Read more about our commitment to IDEA – Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Accessibility.
We know we're equipped to reach our most ambitious goals. We feel empowered to make decisions that drive positive change for our customers, partners, and communities.
We are all owners
We inspire customer confidence
We work together to win together
Our employee promise
Our promise to employees: We CARE. A lot. Learn more about the four pillars that make up our promise to you when you join the Definity family.
We work together to win together
The experience our company delivers is driven by our people. Their passion and desire to make a difference is evident in everything they do. Our employees always rise to the challenge. In our books, that deserves a celebration!
- Definity Appreciate+ program, so employees and leaders can celebrate and reward peer accomplishments
- CEO awards
- Employee appreciation week
A happy workplace is a better workplace
All work and no play stifles creativity. Team events allow everyone to unwind, have some fun, and come back to work refreshed and with a new perspective.
Whether volunteering together as a team (with paid time off), enjoying group lunches, or attending other social events, our teams stay connected in and out of the office and make space in their day for fun and play.
2 days a year to give back
2 paid days
to volunteer as a team or as individuals
We also support our neighbors in Canada and around the world through corporate giving programs, employee giving initiatives, and scholarship programs.
Learn more about how we give back
In 2021, employees gave $50,543 to their favourite charities through our iCare donation matching program+
Definity made approximately $562,000 in charitable donations and invested another $402,000 in other forms of community support+
Definity's goal is to achieve net-zero greenhouse gas emissions in our operations and investment portfolio by 2040 or sooner
Our culture in action
Recognition in 2022
- Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures (Waterstone Human Capital)
- Best Workplaces™ for Inclusion (Great Place to Work®)
- Best Workplaces™ in Financial Services & Insurance (Great Place to Work®)
- Strategist of the Year, Rowan Saunders, President and CEO (Globe and Mail, Report on Business Magazine)