Competitive reward programs
We value your contributions, and our programs are designed to recognize your work and keep you excited to grow with us in the long run. And your benefits start on the same day you do.
- Competitive compensation
- Performance-based initiatives
- Comprehensive benefits for you and your eligible dependents
- Pension and savings program, including company matched RRSPs
- Definity Share Ownership — your first shares are on us, then we match contributions up to $1,500 a year
We are all owners.
Your first company shares are on us through our Definity Share Ownership program
Your benefits are available to you on your first day of work. Choose the benefits you need for you and your family, including:
- Medical and prescription drugs
- Vision and dental care
- Paramedical specialists, including comprehensive mental health coverage
- Gender affirmation coverage
- Fertility services coverage
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Personal wellness account
- Employee and family assistance program
Programs and benefits that focus on your total well-being
Flexible work environment
Work is what you do — it's not who you are.
The work world has changed, and we've changed with it, embracing a hybrid approach where it makes sense to make room for individual preferences, teamwork, and family responsibilities. Whether you're working in-office or remotely, feel free to dress for your workday in attire that reflects your personal and professional brand.
Hybrid work and flexible schedules for a better balance of work and home life
Time to unwind
You have a life outside of work, and we want to help you live it.
We want you to be engaged and creative at work, and you can't do that if you don't have time to disconnect and unwind with family and friends (and pets!), or to pursue outside interests.
A happy, healthy employee is one of our strongest assets, so we take the mental and physical well-being of our employees seriously. Enjoy generous vacation time (that you're actually encouraged to use), plus five extra Definity Days (personal days) and two paid volunteer days.
In addition, you can take advantage of our many wellness programs that focus on your physical, mental, social, and financial health.
Generous vacation time plus 5 extra Definity Days and 2 volunteer days
Career growth and development
We offer learning experiences and personalized development opportunities that blend online learning, peer networks, and facilitated programs to support and grow the skills you need to succeed.
Our programs include:
- Onboarding programs that build connection, foster inclusion, and develop fundamental business skills
- Skills-based learning paths to develop in-demand and emergent skills
- An experience-based approach to learning informed by scientific principles and industry-leading practices
- Financial rewards for completing professional certifications
- Tuition reimbursement and paid professional memberships
- Leadership programs designed for leaders in all stages of their professional development, including new leader development, high performing leader programs, and Executive development programs
- Annual 'Learn at Work Month' to celebrate the value of learning at work and to inspire employees to develop their business skills and knowledge
“Growing our employees through a learning culture contributes to new ways of thinking which help to make insurance better.”
– Brigid Pelino, SVP & Chief People and Culture Officer