Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Starting in September, Definity employees move to a hybrid work model so we can collaborate, build mentoring relationships, and solve complex or cross-functional business opportunities together. Our teams work in whichever environment best supports what they're working on and who they're working with. We're actively reinventing our offices as welcoming workspaces that optimize collaboration and empower leaders to use our space to strengthen team dynamics. Our tools and processes seamlessly connect employees from multiple locations, and our culture encourages respectful engagement and flexibility. Leaders work with their teams to determine the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their team, cross-functional engagement, responsibilities and timelines, plus those of our customers, our broker partners, and the company culture.
The Enterprise Project Management Office is hiring a Senior Agile Project Manager to lead large, complex, Enterprise Data Strategy initiatives in line with Corporate Data Strategy. The successful incumbent will leverage their experience and expertise to lead agile ceremonies, guiding the day-to-day activities for the project teams and building strong relationships to ensure outcomes meet key performance indicators and stated benefits. Senior Agile PM is responsible for managing the cost, scope, and timeline of multiple work streams, partnering with Program Managers, Sr. Leaders and Executives on the status of projects.
- Deliver projects across the enterprise leveraging a reasonable understanding of business and IT practices, terminologies, and processes.
- Develop and execute an Integrated Project/Sprint Plan, JIRA roadmaps and drive successful delivery of the projects while efficiently managing scope, schedule, and budget constraints together.
- Builds consensus among stakeholders to influence desired project outcomes, working regularly with Directors, AVPs and VPs reporting to C-level Executives.
- Works Closely with Technology, Delivery and Program Leads, to position and articulate the technology delivery plan for presentation to Executive level audiences.
- Works closely with Business Leads to ensure we effectively deliver on our strategic roadmap and support the execution of our enterprise data and analytics model
- Facilitates Agile ceremonies, lead team in estimations, remove impediments/blockers, assess Agile delivery metrics and implement improvement opportunities. Establishes and maintains project oversight, governance and ensure appropriate oversight committees are in place and conducted regularly.
- Ability to work with Product Owners for data requirements and prioritization and Tech Lead for alignment on data practices for data acquisition, ingestion and curation
- Works with Finance and project sponsors to track delivery costs and determine benefits realization post implementation.
- Negotiates changes in scope, budget or schedule with sponsor and steering committee and ensures open and continuous communication around expectations, progress, challenges and risks.
What do you bring to the role?
- University Degree or College Diploma in Business, Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related discipline along with CSM, PMP or equivalent (Prince-2, PMI-ACP), SAFe certifications are an asset.
- 5+ years of Project Management and Technical Delivery experience with an emphasis on governance, resource planning, communication, risk, financial and stakeholder management.
- Experience leading and delivering large end to end implementation projects in the space of Infrastructure, Data Engineering, Migration, Governance, BI and/or Analytics either on Cloud or On-Premises.
- Recent experience in data engineering, cloud migration projects on GCP and/or AWS and coordination of enterprise data and analytics operating model
- Solid knowledge of the E2E development life cycle and best practices to steer projects from Inception to Production in areas such as: Architecture, Design, Build, Test, and Automation.
- Experience with Agile methodologies (Lean, Scrum), Cloud-based DevOps, continuous integration & delivery tools and processes.
- Fast learner, self-sufficient and ability to influence and effectively negotiate with business and technical stakeholders.
- Experience in the Property and Casualty Insurance industry and its related practices and processes is an asset.
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).