Technology Delivery Manager
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID : 5901
Category : Technology Solutions
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Kitchener, Canada
As a Technology Delivery Manager, you will be responsible for leading the end-to-end delivery of technology solutions (TS) led initiatives. This is crucial role for the TS delivery organization as we move towards platform and application- based delivery. We are looking for delivery leads with the right expertise and flexible experience in navigating complex, technology-driven implementations, leveraging both traditional and iterative / Agile delivery methodologies. On a day-to-day basis you will work closely with senior technology and business stakeholders to drive delivery and coordination activities across multiple cross-functional project teams – your practical experience will be key to enabling these teams, while also growing our internal delivery capabilities for future transformations.
While not limited to a single functional area, we are currently seeking delivery leads to immediately support Data Engineering Services, DevOps, Platform & Architecture, and TS Portfolio Management initiatives.
What can you expect in this role?
- Own and lead project delivery across multiple types of Technology-led initiatives
- Establish and maintain practical project governance practices and forums, ensuring that team impediments and blockers are resolved in a timely manner, while also keeping executive stakeholder informed
- Manage and drive resolution / mitigation for known issues and risks
- Support coordination with TS Architects to develop high-level solution designs and TRB/ARB approvals
- Provide supporting data / insight to TS Leaders and Portfolio Managers where necessary
- Build strong working relationships within the TS organization to ensure optimal performance and ensure what we deliver meets business and technology objectives, results, and benefits
- Use appropriate fact-based metrics / assumptions to determine and convey impact on budget, time, and risk.
- Close project delivery with proper hand-over to operation / support teams
- Report into Executive leadership regularly to provide status updates
- Support TS platform leaders with informing portfolio plans and strategy
- Support ad-hoc project analysis and reporting
- Translate sprint plans in JIRA to timelines and commitments for reporting to executives.
- Support vendor RFP and RFI activities where necessary
What do you bring to the role?
- Degree in business, computer science or a related discipline is preferred
- 5+ years of leading and implementing technology initiatives in financial services
- 3+ years of applying Agile and Waterfall delivery practices for building modern and emerging platform capabilities (e.g., Big Data, Analytics, CRM, Contact Centre, Cloud Migration, Guidewire)
- Experience in delivering IT initiatives through Agile / Iterative and Waterfall delivery methodologies
- Experience in leveraging DevOps philosophy and tooling to streamline development, testing, and deployment activities
- Experience in adapting Agile practices to implementing back-end, data-driven solutions / platforms with multiple cross-team dependencies
- Experience in successfully delivering initiatives with matrix structured teams consisting of dedicated and shared resources
- Experience in managing multiple cross-functional teams (BA, Dev, Testing, Security, Compliance, Infrastructure)
- Experience in delivering IT solutions in insurance or banking industries is an asset
- Demonstrate an ability to lead and manage a team in a busy and changing environment while fostering positive performance and engagement
- Models solid leadership skills with the ability to coach, develop, motivate, and retain staff.
- Strong analytical, time management and organizational skills
- Proactively communicates information in a clear and positive manner. Layering excellent decision-making skills with a natural aptitude for observation
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills to multi-task and effectively manage competing and changing priorities
- Demonstration of a can-do attitude, with ability to effectively navigate through challenges
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix and shared services organization
- Relevant industry-related certifications e.g: PMP, Six Sigma, CSM, SAFe
- Scrum Master skill set would be an asset
- Practical knowledge of project management techniques, tools, methodologies
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it.
Competitive salaries, with potential for an annual raise and bonus
Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
Generous time away, including vacation and personal needs days
Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
Two annual wellness campaigns — participants earn up to $300 each year to spend on almost anything supporting health and work-life balance (think things like spa days, daycare, pet grooming)
An unlimited employee referral bonus program
Flexible work schedule
Discounts on products and services
HOW TO APPLY
To complete the online application process, you’ll need to upload your resume and cover letter in one document. The posting will close at midnight on the deadline date; in order to successfully apply, please ensure your application is submitted by 11:59 p.m. the day before the deadline.
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected].
Visit economical.com to learn more about us and what we’re up to.