Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leader’s partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
What can you expect in this role?
- Strong QE skills with at least 5 years of experience with Requirements Analysis, Test Design, Test Execution, Defect Management and Test Closure activities
- Strong knowledge of Contact Centre Technologies, including but not limited to Telephony networks & technologies, and Digital applications.
- Support and contribute to technology delivery activities by participating in the scoping and estimating of project efforts, and risk mitigation measures and communicating activity status regularly to key stakeholders
- Sound to advanced understanding of the business and user expectations of the solution is considered while completing the project and support deliverables
- Lead testing work packages for projects independently or within a team
- Sound to advanced knowledge of testing project delivery practices and standards across the project and support lifecycle
- Act as a subject matter expert by providing both leadership and technical guidance in the delivery of quality technology solutions/services aligned to approved and funded priorities and timelines.
- Demonstrated track record of delivering technology solutions and/or services by overseeing work packages in a project/delivery team.
- Develop test strategies and plans and is responsible for leading and executing several components of the test phase of the project lifecycle.
- Identify and lead defect lifecycle management process
- Write moderate and complex scripts and scenarios per testing methodology
- Subject matter expert who advises the project team on several aspects of the QA and Testing practice
- Provide input to test strategies and plans and lead and execute highly complex and integrated components of the test phase of the project lifecycle.
- Provide input to the skillset and capacity model for each work stream based on the test approach
- Technical SME support for business acceptance of moderate to complex testing deliverables
- Provide input to testing approach, including business and technical testing solutions. Ensure overall alignment to project/program SDLC and governance structure
- Work performed under minimal management guidance and supervision.
- Proven ability to continuously prioritize and multitask efficiently across multiple concurrent projects/initiatives.
- Highly skilled in stakeholder management and communications
What do you bring to the role?
- Extensive knowledge of contact center technology with previous experience in a similar role.
- 5+ years’ Quality engineering experience with a minimum of 3 years experience leading QE initiatives
- Enjoy a challenge when it comes to technical issues and be resourceful in the way you find a solution.
- Experience testing RESTful APIs.
- Experience with automation testing tools is desirable
- Bi-lingual skills are desirable (English and French)
- Curious about how things work and have a passion for solving problems.
- Be analytical and overly detailed oriented when dealing with technical support issues.
- Customer-first, mindset
- Inherently demonstrate a high level of integrity and be trustworthy
- Be aware of and mitigate enterprise risk factors and ensure compliance with applicable regulations, legislation and company policies and procedures.
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).