Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Starting in September, Definity employees move to a hybrid work model so we can collaborate, build mentoring relationships, and solve complex or cross-functional business opportunities together. Our teams work in whichever environment best supports what they're working on and who they're working with. We're actively reinventing our offices as welcoming workspaces that optimize collaboration and empower leaders to use our space to strengthen team dynamics. Our tools and processes seamlessly connect employees from multiple locations, and our culture encourages respectful engagement and flexibility. Leaders work with their teams to determine the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their team, cross-functional engagement, responsibilities and timelines, plus those of our customers, our broker partners, and the company culture.
- Lead change management activities across multiple teams and work closely with all levels of organizational leadership
- Track and monitor adoption of new processes and technology, including soliciting team feedback, identifying improvements and enhancements.
- Escalate, prioritize, assess value (benefits) and advocate for required improvements..
- Facilitate working groups of frontline and leader personnel to identify purpose, map end-to-end workflows and customer journeys, documenting value steps, waste and failure demand.
- Participate in re-design of workflows to minimize handoffs, fragmentation, and customer effort (touchpoints).
- Develop KPIs that encourage desired behaviors to measure success of re-designed workflows.
- Gather and use data to identify and prioritize key workflows and customer journeys for re-design prior to technology build.
- Support initiatives to revise the claims operating model, to align to future state technology capabilities.
- Participate in elaboration sessions.
- Provide coaching and role model the effectiveness of team huddles, side-by-sides, problem solving and other practices. Help build a culture of continuous improvement and adoption of technology rolled out to frontline teams and leaders.
- Minimum of 4 years claims experience
- Success in leading others through significant organizational change
- Good problem-solving skills and ability to apply appropriate tools and level of analysis to specific situations
- Strong skills in the ability to influence, inspire, coach, develop, mentor, and motivate staff, including the ability to advocate and persuade others to see the benefits of change
- Professional, friendly, and courteous in all interactions.
- Solid analytical skills to determine the business line needs, develop strategies to meet those needs, and evaluate their effectiveness. This includes ability to leverage data to develop benchmarks and KPIs
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal. Excellent attention to detail.
- Prior experience in developing process flow maps and designing workflows would be an asset
- Team player with the ability to remain calm under pressure and perform well in a busy and changing environment. The ability to multi-task and prioritize accountabilities to meet deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).