Can a 150-year-old company think outside the box? Count on it. Deep experience is our springboard for innovation, whether that’s in how we work with our broker network, how we serve our customers, or how we support our employees.
Economical is part of Definity, a Canadian, multi-channel, property and casualty insurance company whose success is founded on our family of companies’ long history of delivering a superior experience for those who count on us. We’re proud to help our customers, broker partners, employees, and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change. Our success in transforming into a digital leader in our industry is driven by a talented and engaged team with a passion for innovation and high performance.
In the Specialist, Broker Quality Assurance, IRCA & SME Underwriting role, you will:
- Perform external quality and compliance audits of broker processes and transactions ensuring adherence to relevant corporate guidelines, regulations, and best practices
- Manage ongoing communications with broker contacts before, during, and after the audit
- Work closely with and leverage knowledge from subject matter experts within the Governance, Broker Operations, and Corporate Underwriting teams
- Identify, assess, and report on significant findings and underlying root causes
- Provide practical recommendations as well as constructive challenge over broker and internally proposed mitigating action plans
- Contribute to the development and execution of the annual broker audit plan
- Assist in the implementation and continuous improvement of the broker audit framework and methodology
- Familiarize and Support system changes pertaining to IRCA
YOUR SKILLS & EXPERTISE
- Relevant professional designation(s) such as CIP and/or CRM
- 5+ years of experience within the property and casualty insurance industry with exposure to quality assurance and/or compliance type of work
- Strong understanding of IRCA Underwriting, including insurance/broker operations, internal controls, and best practices, would be an asset (Understanding of SME Underwriting would also be an asset)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to build strong relationships and influence people at all organizational levels
- Strong organizational and analytical problem-solving skills with the ability to resourcefully gather information, analyze critically, and communicate clearly
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Bilingual is an asset
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).