Your role reports to our Team Leader Training. Your main responsibility is to design incredibly engaging training and create other training assets in English and in French to stimulate trainees and help keep the knowledge alive. We will need your help to improve our training program, our knowledge base, and our quality programs overall. We may ask that you facilitate training sessions too!
You will be a key part in ensuring that Sonnet is providing unparalleled service and support to our customers. This requires someone who is highly focused with a strong understanding of what makes customer service great from a learning and development perspective.
- Treat our Insurance Advisors as your “customers” ensuring they are supported, respected, and involved in creating training curricula.
- Leverage data from different sources to help the Training team design and develop innovative and engaging training solutions leading to unparalleled customer satisfaction by using the appropriate instructional methodology. It is all about the customer from design to servicing.
- Perform detailed needs analysis, determine learning objectives, define tasks and activities and develop detailed learning plans and timelines to ensure programs align with strategic objectives and training solutions address performance gaps as well as underlying root cause.
- Write concise, creative and effective instruction for deliverables including design documents, storyboards, job-aids, prototypes, wiki’s, knowledge base articles, instructor and participant materials.
- Write clear and effective communications to our team and various stakeholders
- Design and develop various tools/assessments to measure, validate, and evaluate training program effectiveness to ensure business needs/objectives are being met or exceed by validating learning effectiveness.
- Facilitate training or train the trainer sessions as required
- Participate in project team meetings and or assist managing projects and project meetings by providing regular status updates on planned activities and identifying any issues or challenges.
- Be a constant learner and constant teacher – learn fast, fail fast and learn even faster.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure strong two-way communications and ensure the Contact Centre gets the appropriate information to effectively handle our customer calls, chats and emails.
- Be a thought leader by challenging the status quo and joining us on the road less travelled as well as keeping current with leading edge learning solutions and industry trends.
- Always champion the service philosophy in everything you do and every meeting you are in. You help us create the gold seal standard in customer service and you challenge others both in the Contact Centre and in the broader organization to live up to the standard.
- Excellent at listening, making people feel heard and valued.
- A detail-oriented natural observer.
- A believer in servant leadership and an eternal student of service and learning
- Able to use your prioritization and time management skills to produce high quality deliverables that meet deadlines with minimal supervision and be empowered to make decisions while recognizing when to seek out advice from leadership.
- Professional, credible and able to effectively and respectfully challenge and influence peers and customers
- Someone with an adult education certification/accreditation, instructional design/eLearning certification/accreditation and/or equivalent education or experience in either area.
- Someone with at least 3 years of related experience in a similar role in a world-class environment with a strong track record of success.
- Fluent in the English and French language
- Experienced in facilitation, instructional design methodologies, adult learning principles, and in designing different types of learning methods.
- Knowledgeable with authoring tools (Captivate, Articulate), software (Adobe Creative Suite) and MS Office to support learning.
- Someone with advanced written and oral communication skills.
- Someone with a strong work ethic who leads by example - you work hard, play hard and expect nothing less from those around them.
- Someone who is not afraid to ask others for help when needed.
- Flexible to work at different times in order to run this operation.
- Not required but an asset – Auto & Property Insurance knowledge
YOU WILL BE MEASURED ON:
- The two metrics that matter the most - Employee and Customer Satisfaction:
- World-class service as demonstrated by the Contact Centre having amazing Customer Satisfaction scores.
- Effective and engaging training sessions and training material as evaluated by our Customer Service Heroes.
- Commitment to team as measured by leader and peer compliments.
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).