Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Starting in September, Definity employees move to a hybrid work model so we can collaborate, build mentoring relationships, and solve complex or cross-functional business opportunities together. Our teams work in whichever environment best supports what they're working on and who they're working with. We're actively reinventing our offices as welcoming workspaces that optimize collaboration and empower leaders to use our space to strengthen team dynamics. Our tools and processes seamlessly connect employees from multiple locations, and our culture encourages respectful engagement and flexibility. Leaders work with their teams to determine the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their team, cross-functional engagement, responsibilities and timelines, plus those of our customers, our broker partners, and the company culture.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Finance Modernization and Continuous Improvement, this is key member of the finance team that collaborates with cross functional teams including as Enterprise Project Management office (PMO), Technology Solutions (TS), Enterprise Change Enablement (ECE), Human Resources (HR), Data Governance (EDO) and other business teams. In this role you will focus on identifying continuous improvement opportunities, both within the ERP and supporting systems and through low to no-tech through data analysis & process reviews leveraging stakeholder input on problems areas, opportunities for improvement in assisting to development a roadmap for continuous improvement and iterative action plans for phased implementation.
What can you expect in this role?
- data and reporting analysis to identify critical processes within the financial operating model,
- business process mapping with areas of responsibility, with time measure and rapid process measurement documentation
- overlay business processes with vendor partner supporting processes with analysis of SLA’s to meet month-end cycles
- correlate supporting business processes to conduct analysis for areas of optimization or address pain point areas including feasibility and impact of continuous improvement initiatives
- track progress of OKR’s from the Finance Modernization Strategic Roadmap and report on outcomes
- support the development of content for communication, training and standard operating procedures
- produce supporting reports, presentations, and dashboards.
- You will assist with developing a holistic viewpoint of current state and transition paths to a target state partnering with other functional areas to drive business centric initiatives that will ensure that Finance can meet overall organization goals and objectives in a prescriptive and responsive approach for change drivers.
- You’ll have the flexibility to manage your work activities within a hybrid work arrangement will require skills to support remote work and the ability to attend some meetings or sessions at the office.
What do you bring to this role?
- Creative/Problem Solver – You can identify, quantify, recommend, and document call reduction reasons and opportunities that will help in achieving annual objectives
- Intuitive / Knowledge Driven – You can conduct independent research on existing policies, procedures, methodologies and systems that support the current state and identify changes needed to support revised processes. Work with business teams and process analyst to identify and recommend process improvements into the overall roadmap and business cases for change and implementation
- Address Process Inefficiencies – you can review business processes and identify ways to improve for efficiencies. Be able to think in a structured way when solving problems and organizing work and can analyze data/situations fully and accurately to guide or reach productive decisions.
- Detail Driven – You extract findings and gather insights through data mining and analysis can prepare and document all required artifacts from ideation to post implementation tracking and reporting including call trends over time
- Communication Skills – Excellent verbal and writing skills to effectively articulate ideas and opinions that involve analysis, interpretation, and assessment.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- You give meaning to data, business process and workflows. You enjoy investigating complex problems and making sense of information. You're confident in your ability to communicate detailed information in an impactful way that is sound and insightful.
- You embrace and champion change. You'll continuously evolve your thinking and the way you work to deliver your best.
- You put our clients first. You engage with purpose to find the right solutions. You go the extra mile because it's the right thing to do.
- You understand that success is in the details. You notice things that others don't. Your critical thinking skills help to inform your decision making.
- You demonstrate experience and knowledge of Oracle EBS, Oracle Cloud ERP, Microsoft Office, SQL would be advantageous, database processing, low code tools such MS Power Query & MS PowerPivot, Power BI and JIRA and Confluence.
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).