Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Starting in September, Definity employees move to a hybrid work model so we can collaborate, build mentoring relationships, and solve complex or cross-functional business opportunities together. Our teams work in whichever environment best supports what they're working on and who they're working with. We're actively reinventing our offices as welcoming workspaces that optimize collaboration and empower leaders to use our space to strengthen team dynamics. Our tools and processes seamlessly connect employees from multiple locations, and our culture encourages respectful engagement and flexibility. Leaders work with their teams to determine the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their team, cross-functional engagement, responsibilities and timelines, plus those of our customers, our broker partners, and the company culture.
What can you expect in this role?
- Provide guidance, on-the-job training and technical instructions to assigned staff relative to performance, productivity, personal conduct and adherence to processes and corporate policies and procedures.
- Coach and develop the team to improve customer experience and minimize leakage through efficient and accurate data capture and keying in claims system
- Conduct regular huddles to motivate, listen, engage, exchange ideas and solve problems with the team
- Conduct audits and regularly review KPIs and metrics to identify opportunities for improvement; direct and coach CCA’s in areas for improvement
- Actively resolve customer issues and concerns
- Regularly review customer feedback, complaints and other data to identify root cause issues and establish workflows to improve the experience
- Ensure service levels are met through ongoing and active monitoring of shift adherence, not ready time, unplanned absences and active collaboration with Work Force Optimization
- Identify and execute on methods of increasing preferred vender use through coaching, call listening, peer sharing of best practices, etc.
- Regularly review CCA’s work product (data quality) for identification of coaching and improvement opportunities
- Assist with the selection of staff, and make recommendations for new hires
- Provide feedback to advance analytics, fraud, subrogation and other support areas on needs of operation to improve overall claims financial management
- Work with foundational support services - workforce optimization, analytics and reporting, learning and development, continuous improvement, vender management, human resources - to drive operational improvements
What do you bring to the role?
- 2-3 years claims adjusting experience or contact centre experience
- Strong insurance knowledge applied across a range of claim types, both personal and commercial
- Previous leadership experience preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work independently, and manage effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational, negotiation, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Claims system expertise - Claim Centre (InsureCloud) and CDS
- Advanced skills in MS Excel and MS Word
- Fluently bilingual in English and French is an required
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).