Role Location: Toronto or Waterloo (hybrid)
- The Business Intelligence team is responsible for providing data, reporting, and business insights to enable effective decision making by all levels of business users.
- As a Business Intelligence Manager, you will lead of team of business intelligence professionals to provide critical management information and data analysis to internal business partners across the company.
What can you expect in this role?
- You will develop strong relationships with key stakeholders across 3-5 business units (e.g., Claims, Marketing, Human Resources): identifying their business challenges, and scoping related business intelligence solutions.
- You will lead the creation of robust project plans and manage the end-to-end development & deployment of business intelligence work product.
- You will serve as a people leader for a team of 4-5 business intelligence professionals, encouraging high engagement & high performance through effective coaching & support.
- You will ensure consistent adherence to team processes to support the delivery of high-quality work product, and propose enhancements to these work processes as warranted.
What do you bring to the role?
- A university degree in computer science, actuarial science, business, or a related discipline.
- Expertise in the development of collaborative business partnerships through an internal consulting model.
- Excellent project management, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong people leadership skills (honed through formal or informal experience), with proficiency in developing high-performing, engaged teams.
- Strong understanding of agile methodology & practice.
- Extensive experience in a BI tool, preferably Tableau and/or Cognos, with preference to candidates with expertise in multiple BI tools.
- Able to understand internal systems and external data sources, independent of specific technology.
- Strong insurance knowledge preferred, with preference to individuals with background in P&C insurance.
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).