Senior Specialist, Social Strategy and Community Engagement
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID : 5823
Category : Sales & Distribution
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Waterloo, Canada
Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
Can a 150-year-old company think outside the box? Count on it. Deep experience is our springboard for innovation, whether that’s in how we work with our broker network, how we serve our customers, or how we support our employees.
Definity, a Canadian, multi-channel, property, and casualty insurance company whose success is founded on our family of companies’ long history of delivering a superior experience for those who count on us. We’re proud to help our customers, broker partners, employees, and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change. Our success in transforming into a digital leader in our industry is driven by a talented and engaged team with a passion for innovation and high performance.
Reporting to the Manager, Public and Media Relations, the Senior Specialist, Social Strategy and Community Engagement will play an instrumental role in developing and executing social media strategies that build awareness of the Definity and Economical brands while protecting the brand reputation. You will also establish governance for social media across the company. Your exceptional campaign and community management skills will delight and captivate our audience from headline to CTA to comments. Your passion for both the art and science of social media will shine through as you launch our brand into new channels and improve our presence in existing ones: building our audience, engaging consumers, and brokers, and driving leads.
What can you expect in this role?
- Develop and lead the social media and community management strategy for the brand, improving our current presence and launching us into new channels
- Work with business units and content team to develop strategies and campaigns that achieve business objectives
- Help build and manage a social media governance policy, ensuring we are using the best approaches for community management and reputation protection
- Set up, execute, monitor, and measure social media campaigns and budget spend, with a focus on testing and optimization
- Work with the marketing team to use social media platforms to enhance marketing campaigns
- Work with agency partners to oversee projects and manage budget, deliverables, and relationships
- Develop reports on program effectiveness and make recommendations to improve based on consumer, channel, and market insights
- Constantly seek industry research & learning to inform social media strategies
- Act as a consultant to fellow team members, business units, and brokers on social media best practices
What do you bring to the role?
- University degree or college diploma in a related field of study (e.g., Business, Commerce, Marketing, Advertising, Media, etc.)
- Experience in developing and executing large scale social media campaigns
- 5+ years of progressive, professional experience leading and executing on social media strategy and community engagement tactics
- Proven ability to develop content and/or brand strategy through deep consumer understanding and strong data analysis
- Web analytics — Ideally, your data-obsessed for the sole purpose of improving the experience for our community members
- Extensive knowledge on multiple social platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram is mandatory)
- Effective interpersonal & communication skills
- Experienced user of social media management platforms and social listening tools
- French is an asset
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).