Job ID : 5819
Category : Technology Solutions
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Kitchener, Canada
Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Starting in September, Definity employees move to a hybrid work model so we can collaborate, build mentoring relationships, and solve complex or cross-functional business opportunities together. Our teams work in whichever environment best supports what they're working on and who they're working with. We're actively reinventing our offices as welcoming workspaces that optimize collaboration and empower leaders to use our space to strengthen team dynamics. Our tools and processes seamlessly connect employees from multiple locations, and our culture encourages respectful engagement and flexibility. Leaders work with their teams to determine the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their team, cross-functional engagement, responsibilities and timelines, plus those of our customers, our broker partners, and the company culture.
The Director of DevOps will lead the DevOps team that designs, implement and operate Definity’s hybrid-cloud environments. You will lead the DevOps team to modernize, implement, optimize and support our application delivery teams and tools.
The Director DevOps will provide day-to-day leadership and management of a team full-time, contract and vendor resources to ensure that the production applications are continually developed in accordance with the prioritized work defined and the applications are operationally efficient, stable and achieve the defined KPIs.
• Drive DevOps Maturation process and tools
• Provide leadership, coaching and guidance to Managers and team members
• Identify and implement opportunities to increase the capacity of resourcing on demand (develop existing team and build vendor relationships)
• Establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders across all lines of business
Experience and Education
• Bachelor’s Degree preferably in any Information Technologies (IT) discipline, but IT Management Information Systems or Computer Systems Analyst discipline is preferred.
• Minimum of 10 years of Public Cloud Delivery Experience at the management level
• Experience in all 3 major Cloud providers preferred
• Demonstrate up-to-date expertise in DevOps and Agile SDLC environments. Drive the maturation of our SDLC process execution through strong expertise in process, tools and techniques.
• Demonstrated the understanding and importance of building a collaborative, curious and high functioning team.
• Networking implementation and leadership experience a with focus on Public Cloud Networking including direct connects and hybrid cloud networking
• Demonstrated team leadership and talent development, effective use of lead-edge technologies in support of desired business outcomes
• Proven experience delivering and maintaining high-availability and disaster-tolerant environments
• Set standards of operation in the DevOps team to ensure predictability and optimization
• Implement an innovative development framework to drive industry-leading product velocity and quality metrics, as well as a rapid iterative improvement based on early feedback and evolving requirements. Foster and develop an agile high-velocity development environment to enable effective business development
• Ability to clearly communicate to stakeholders the status of issues and deliverables
• Ability to partner with Level 1 /2 support organizations to drive resolution
• Manage business relationships and expectations by improving Definity’s communication process to keep others up to date on results
• Provide leadership to team members and peers by collaborating with others; articulating ideas and viewpoints to senior management, peers and others; identifying and initiating improvements in process, and systems; managing resources; driving the resolution of issues, and holding self and team accountable for results
• Strong Vendor management skills
• Establish and continuously review key metrics and KPIs, analysis and trends to continuously improvement business performance
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).