Analyst, Quality Engineering - Data & Analytics
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID : 5818
Category : Technology Solutions
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Kitchener, Canada
Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
What can you expect in this role?
- Ensure comprehensive test coverage by creating well-structured test plans and test cases
- Design and develop manual & automation scripts
- Responsible for finding, isolating, documenting, tracking, and regressing defects through the QE process utilizing a bug tracking tool effectively
- Work with testing data: seeding, masking, synthetic data generation
- Work with Big data platform to validate data ingestion, ETL, data integrity, data analytical reports etc.
- Analyze ongoing requirements to ensure quality delivery, aligned with business goals and enterprise and Technology Solutions (TS) standards.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders across business and technology teams seeking opportunities to improve the quality of delivery and demonstrate commitment to operational excellence for all deliverables.
- Estimate testing effort working with other team members and set priorities following a risk-based testing approach
- Create and run queries using Hue to meet business needs
- Create and review test cases; Report test results and highlight any potential quality risks
- To accelerate product delivery through test automation.
- Assess risk with projects delivery quality, identify and execute risk mitigation plans
What do you bring to the role?
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- 5+ years experience in Quality engineering
- Proven experience within the Insurance Industry
- 5+ years experience in the technical area of specialty, specifically SQL and Big Data Stack (Hue, Hive, Impala, HBase), BigQuery, Cloud, Python/Pyspark or similar data platform
- Strong ability to analyze the business and user requirements and translate them into testing deliverables such as testing data, SQL query and expected results
- Strong ability to develop test plans and run analysis on testing results
- Experience in data ingestion, ETL testing, data integrity testing and Data lake/Cloud testing
- Experience in any DH Automation tools or technologies (Python/Pyspark)
- Experience in Agile software development practice and methodologies
- Goal-oriented; must be able to remove roadblocks and deliver goals
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to quickly and easily adapt to change
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).