Job ID : 5818
Category : Technology Solutions
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Toronto, Canada
Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Starting in September, Definity employees move to a hybrid work model so we can collaborate, build mentoring relationships, and solve complex or cross-functional business opportunities together. Our teams work in whichever environment best supports what they're working on and who they're working with. We're actively reinventing our offices as welcoming workspaces that optimize collaboration and empower leaders to use our space to strengthen team dynamics. Our tools and processes seamlessly connect employees from multiple locations, and our culture encourages respectful engagement and flexibility. Leaders work with their teams to determine the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their team, cross-functional engagement, responsibilities and timelines, plus those of our customers, our broker partners, and the company culture.
What can you expect in this role?
• Ensure comprehensive test coverage by creating well-structured test plans and test cases
• Design and develop manual & automation scripts
• Responsible for finding, isolating, documenting, tracking, and regressing defects through the QE process utilizing a bug tracking tool effectively
• Work with testing data: seeding, masking, synthetic data generation
• Work with Big data platform to validate data ingestion, ETL, data integrity, data analytical reports etc.
• Analyze ongoing requirements to ensure quality delivery, aligned with business goals and enterprise and Technology Solutions (TS) standards.
• Work collaboratively with stakeholders across business and technology teams seeking opportunities to improve the quality of delivery and demonstrate commitment to operational excellence for all deliverables.
• Estimate testing effort working with other team members and set priorities following a risk-based testing approach
• Create and run queries using Hue to meet business needs
• Create and review test cases; Report test results and highlight any potential quality risks
• To accelerate product delivery through test automation.
• Assess risk with projects delivery quality, identify and execute risk mitigation plans
What do you bring to the role?
• Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
• 5+ years’ experience in Quality engineering
• Proven experience within the Insurance Industry
• Experience in Guidewire will be an asset
• 3+ years’ experience in the technical area of specialty, specifically SQL and Cloudera Data Stack (Hue, Hive, Impala, Hbase) or similar data platform
• Strong ability to analyze the business and user requirements and translate them into testing deliverables such as testing data, SQL query and expected results
• Strong ability to develop test plans and running analysis on testing results
• Experience in data ingestion, ETL testing, data integrity testing, testing RESTful APIs
• Experience in financial data reporting such as GL, Pentaho reporting or Cognos reporting
• Experience with CI/CD, Collaboration and DevOps tool set such as Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Jenkins etc.
• Experience in one object-oriented programming language such as Java, C++ or C# with experience in the development and maintenance of Test Automation Frameworks / Test Harness
• Experience in Agile software development practice and methodologies
• Goal oriented; must be able to remove roadblocks and deliver goals
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Proven ability to quickly and easily adapt to change
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).