Team Leader, Regulatory Reporting
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID : 5802
Category : Personal Insurance
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Kitchener, Canada
Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
Team Leader, Regulatory Reporting
- Reporting into Product and Underwriting the Team Leader, Business Delivery is responsible for leading Regulatory Reporting Analysts to deliver PI initiatives and projects related to statistical reporting requirements
- Plan, direct and lead the activities of the team to support multiple/complex projects centering around statistical reporting enabling achievement of results and operational excellence and effectively manage the escalation of issues as appropriate.
- Collaborate with statistical reporting entities, TP providers and other stakeholders to ensure smooth transaction of business
- Facilitate cross functional meetings with IT and other business departments to solve problems, obtain feedback and make decisions
- Deliver regular reporting requirements with timely actionable output
- Prioritizes problems of regulatory reporting issues including providing insights into business requirements and testing
- Ensure data quality functions are maintained and handled on a timely basis to minimize fines and maximize operational efficiencies. Focus on continuous process improvement within the team and department to maximize efficiencies and opportunities
- Demonstrate business acumen and excellent communication skills and maintain positive working relationships required to ensure alignment, productivity, and results
What you bring to the role
- University degree in a related field of study (e.g., Business, Commerce, Math, Economics, etc.).
- 7+ years of Canadian P&C Insurance experience - preferably with a diverse background
- Strong knowledge of regulatory requirements with the ability to communicate relevance and make recommendations and decisions
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills; including the ability to analyze data, draw insights and understand next steps
- Strong collaboration skills with ability to influence and negotiate with stakeholders
- Simply and concisely, convey results and recommendations enabling effective decision-making.
- Effective written and verbal communication and relationship management skills.
- Creative problems solving abilities
- Strong organizational skills
- Extensive experience working with the Microsoft Office products, including PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to lead, coach and mentor team
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).