Can a 150-year-old company think outside the box? Count on it. Deep experience is our springboard for innovation, whether that’s in how we work with our broker network, how we serve our customers, or how we support our employees.
Economical is part of Definity, a Canadian, multi-channel, property and casualty insurance company whose success is founded on our family of companies’ long history of delivering a superior experience for those who count on us. We’re proud to help our customers, broker partners, employees, and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change. Our success in transforming into a digital leader in our industry is driven by a talented and engaged team with a passion for innovation and high performance.
What can you expect in this role?
Provide analytical support and oversight to improve the operational effectiveness of Commercial Insurance across head office, regional, segment and RPC business units. Provides forward thinking analysis, direction to promote and instill consistently effective alignment and execution across the Commercial Insurance Small Business operations.
Data Acquisition / Planning
- Provides financial and data analysis in support of Commercial priorities with a primary focus on analytics and data mining to support analysis and informed action
- Leads data acquisition and market analysis working with the relevant internal and external teams to support business insight development
- Supports Commercial Region/Segment Leadership in obtaining timely, relevant metrics in an efficient manner to limit duplication of work with CI Operational lead roles
- Identifies and champion improvements in data structure and automated reporting to align to current Commercial Lines pricing strategies and KPI segmentation
- Participates in Commercial Initiatives covering but not limited to product definition, financial performance and profitability trending to define requirements and provide data led insights for analysis and action.
- Supports Commercial analysts to identify and leverage efficiency opportunities covering automation and scripting technology
- Supports weekly, monthly, quarterly reporting requirements with timely, actionable data following logical exploration on emerging trends where applicable
- Participates in review of operational process workflows to highlight and address inefficiencies with data supported actions and expected results
- Supports CI Operations and CI leadership in managing the roadmap for CI initiatives (e.g., KPI measurement enhancements, Process improvements and alignment) – including risks / issues, reporting on progress against milestones.
- Supports governance and oversight of CI initiative tracking, communication and escalations.
- Provides specialized measurement, reporting and support to ensure awareness and governance across Commercial insurance.
- Collaborates with management / control function partners (e.g. Risk, Legal, Corporate Underwriting) to measure progress and adherence to applicable regulatory and governance issues.
What do you bring to the role?
- University degree in any discipline, or college diploma in a relevant discipline
- 4+ years of P&C insurance experience (specific Small Business experience would be considered an asset)
- Analytical focus and statistical background would be considered an asset
- Microsoft suite products is a must have
- Proven expertise in using MS EXCEL special function (VLOOKUP & Pivot Table)
- Working knowledge of VBA as well as BI tools (Cognos & Tableau)
- Ability to use data to help form decisions from a management and other internal stakeholders’ perspective
- Exceptional customer service, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong ability to influence and effectively negotiate with stakeholders
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).