AML/TF Compliance Consultant (6 Month Contract)
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID : 5763
Category : Claims
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Temporary
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : London, Canada
Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
- Strong knowledge of Money Laundering (ML) and Terrorist Financing (TF) and sanctions risk, classifications & legislation in order to make recommendations & changes, to reduce risk of regulatory non compliance and communicate the results of those independent evaluations
- Coordinate the design and execution of the enterprise wide compliance reporting which includes preparation, data extraction, task assignment
- Assist in the development of dashboards with identified KRI's as appropriate for oversight of Compliance Risk
- Create and metrics to track progress of review activity to annual test plans.
- Bachelor university degree in Finance or related field.
- Prior experience of having owned and/or implemented, the AML/TF process is a requirement Prior experience of having lead a team responsible for the AML/TF process is an asset
- 5 years related to testing, data, and reporting experience required Experience in external or internal audit, compliance or risk management, an asset
- CPA designation, desirable
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint is a must, knowledge of tableau is an asset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including a demonstrated ability to clearly provide written reports that accurately and clearly summarize issues and present solutions in an understandable and logical manner;
- Strong skills in analytical and information management analysis, data interpretation and problem solving ability
- Excellent knowledge of English and French (an asset), spoken and written.
- All other combinations of education and experience may be accepted.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to clearly provide written reports that clearly summarize issues and present solutions in a clear, understandable and logical manner.
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).