Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Starting in September, Definity employees move to a hybrid work model so we can collaborate, build mentoring relationships, and solve complex or cross-functional business opportunities together. Our teams work in whichever environment best supports what they're working on and who they're working with. We're actively reinventing our offices as welcoming workspaces that optimize collaboration and empower leaders to use our space to strengthen team dynamics. Our tools and processes seamlessly connect employees from multiple locations, and our culture encourages respectful engagement and flexibility. Leaders work with their teams to determine the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their team, cross-functional engagement, responsibilities and timelines, plus those of our customers, our broker partners, and the company culture.
This is a Work from Home position; candidates must reside within a reasonable commuting distance to one of our office’s / branch locations to facilitate staff interaction, meetings, training, and one-one coaching, assisting adjusters and leadership training.
- Provides direction, coaching and support to those positions reporting directly and indirectly to him/her, including new hire orientation, performance management, vacations, training etc.
- Provides direction, coaching and support to all auto repair centers at a national level, including completing re-inspection/audits virtually and day to day performance monitoring.
- Maintains a high level of expertise with new repair techniques, industry guidelines, new vehicle technology and implements all new appraisal system software by delivering the training for staff as required.
- Must be the subject matter expert on estimating systems for inside desk review positions.
- Handles all complaints from insured and brokers once they have been escalated and ensures proper documentation and closure.
- Assist with salvage when requested, including the review, and tracking of towing and salvage disposal that occurs outside of the contracted program.
- Is the liaison between the appraisal unit and all other departments, which includes attending various monthly meetings with leaders within other departments.
- Work on the catastrophic support team when requested by management.
- Attend I-CAR training
- Attend annual Appraisal conference.
- Complete staff’s appraisal performance tracker. Provides coaching.
- Complete monthly quality assurance audits.
- Oversee image capture (customer direct to us) and remote appraisal program.
- Completes month reviews
- Oversees total loss files completed by the image desk team.
- Must possess one or more of the following: Institution Certificate based on Province Repairer, Certified Automobile Estimator, holds Type ‘310B’ or a ‘310A’ license that is valid and up to date.
- GAA licensing would be an asset
- A minimum of a College Diploma in an acceptable discipline to the Economical or a University degree
- 5 to 8 years appraisal experience within the auto repair industry with 2-3 years as in a leadership role would be an asset.
- Must have I-CAR Industry platinum certification as well as completed in class Audatex Estimating software training.
- Demonstrated advance level of understanding in Audatex imaging systems and Autosource Total Loss evaluation process.
- Bilingual French/English would be an additional asset.
- Claims experience within the auto physical damage industry along with a skill set allowing the preparation of appraisals using computerized Audatex estimating software programs would be an asset.
- Some travel will be required for this role.
- Ability to understand management reports and estimating data.
- Effective leadership to achieve organizational goals
- Process driven
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).