Can a 150-year-old company think outside the box? Count on it. Deep experience is our springboard for innovation, whether that’s in how we work with our broker network, how we serve our customers, or how we support our employees.
Economical is part of Definity, a Canadian, multi-channel, property and casualty insurance company whose success is founded on our family of companies’ long history of delivering a superior experience for those who count on us. We’re proud to help our customers, broker partners, employees, and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change. Our success in transforming into a digital leader in our industry is driven by a talented and engaged team with a passion for innovation and high performance.
Reporting to the Team Leader, Technical Processing you will be responsible to contribute in achieving RPC service targets by proactively and consistently working on Commercial Business cases (Auto /Property) from the Queue within your assigned work cell and assisting the remainder of the Ontario/Atlantic region as required based on business needs. You will be accountable for your individual work list by maintaining exceptional customer service to our Broker partners and Regional Underwriting by supporting a once and done environment and completing tasks in designated timeframes.
What can you expect in this role?
- Underwriting Technician is a second level processing role within the RPC. Primarily transactions will be received directly from a broker requiring you to work within your authority to process transaction or engage underwriting teams for Underwriting support.
- Common Transactions with in this role will include (not limited too) are; policy changes, inquiries ,CAC Inquiries, broker transfers, Auto New business , quote preparation, Subscription, 21B, cancellation.
- Developing and applying knowledge of Economical’ s product offerings, risk types, and processes.
- Providing exceptional service to Broker partner in all interactions
- Contributing to achieving defined Service Level Agreements and Operating Level Agreements.
- Meeting underwriting quality and production expectations on a regular basis.
- Demonstrating a strong understanding of Underwriting guidelines and standard operating procedures, exposure risk factors, rating structures, forms of coverage, reinsurance structures and hazards knowledge to evaluate classifications and ratings transactions
- Ensuring that insurance policies are priced according to corporate guidelines and rated accurately on the relevant policy administration system(s)
- Ensuring compliance with provincial regulations as related to Auto Insurance
- Identifying and escalating identified gaps in SharePoint, policy case management, policy administration systems, and telephony system performance, and contributing to the identification of continuous improvement opportunities to maximize efficiency and effectiveness as well as Broker experience
What do you bring to the role?
- Completed high school diploma and relevant work experience
- Preference will be given to candidates with a post-secondary degree, diploma or CIP designation
- Preference will be given to candidates who have experience in a commercial lines underwriting support role
- Professional, friendly and courteous in all interactions, whether with customers or co-workers
- Perform well in a busy operation and remain calm under pressure
- Team player adaptable to a changing environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).