Sonnet is part of Definity, which includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, Definity has grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
What can you expect in this role?
Canada's digital home and auto insurance company is expanding its simplified insurance experience for Canadians through a new Group Insurance offering. We reinvented the way Canadians buy insurance, we are now turning our sights on how we evolve group insurance for employers, alumni and professionals. In this role you will be actively involved in redefining and increasing the positive impact these programs have on partners and their members. You will be tasked with oversight of 20-30 clients (of varying size and complexity) in addition to contributing to the creation of foundational best practices supporting Sonnet’s group insurance business.
Marketing Planning (30% of role)
- Collaborate with Sonnet's Group Insurance and Marketing teams to develop group marketing campaigns
- Provide sound advice and support to both internal and external partners on program performance and opportunities
- Develop new and innovative opportunities to drive growth for Sonnet’s Partner Programs
Partner Marketing Delivery + Achieving Quote and Revenue Targets:
- Collaborate with partners to gain buy-in on a mix of tactics, as laid out in the yearly marketing plan. Facilitate the delivery of creative assets, and enable the execution of all planned marketing activities, while seeking opportunities for growth.
- Develop business plans with clients to find mutually aligned objectives that drive growth
- Track results and identify risks to achieving targets with proposed solutions to the leadership team
- Accountable for partnership programs from ideation through execution, approvals, and performance tracking
- Recognized by clients and internal stakeholders as a thought leader in this domain, and offers strong judgement and big-picture thinking on top of functional expertise
- Can understand and articulate client's most critical issues and challenges and is proactive and forward thinking - not reacting to client requests but anticipates the needs of the client, and works with a strategic and operational mindset
- Collaborate with analytics team to define, monitor, and quantify successes of key metrics (an understanding of Google Analytics is beneficial)
- Collaborate with the Group Insurance, Marketing, Digital Experience and Communications Teams, to meet program launch delivery dates while executing on a market leading partnership experience
- Project manage initiatives’, tasks and schedules across both internal and external stakeholder groups, to ensure project goals are achieved on time.
- Provide frequent updates to senior leadership
Sales & Relationship Management (70% of the role)
- Design and execute the client relationship strategy which defines which issues to focus on and which opportunities to pursue
- Build execution plans and partner management cadences in collaboration with external partners
- Facilitate monthly/ quarterly steerco meetings
- Track progress on annual marketing plans and report back to partner
- Retention/Renewal of contracts, expansion and achievement of partner satisfaction targets
- Successfully undertake contract negotiations, ensuring targets are met through judgement and expertise
Generate New Business Leads:
- Identify opportunities to develop new partnerships through referrals and testimonials from existing partners
What do you bring to the role?
- University degree in any discipline, or College diploma in a relevant discipline
- 5 years of experience in marketing role within insurance or financial services with 7 years of exposure to relationship management with external organizations
- Preference will be given to candidates who have project management and digital marketing experience
- Exceptional customer service, verbal and written communication, and presentation skills
- Cross Functional Leadership: Very strong ability to influence and effectively negotiate with internal and external stakeholders.
- This role will engage with C-level and other senior executives at leading Canadian companies. The ability to influence, engage with, and drive testimonials and support for the program growth is critical
- Proven ability to make critical decisions, independently
- Strong management and leadership skills with the ability to build and maintain effective relationships with internal and external business partners
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment in which he/she is leading organizational and transformational change
- Ability to manage multiple and simultaneous activities by using effective planning, organizational and time management skills.
- Developed analytical and financial skills
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).