Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Internally this position will be called as "Sr Specialist, Cloud & Infrastructure Engineering"
What you’ll be doing
- Participate/lead activities to assess options for the technical solution or service; analyzes, reviews, provides options and recommendations, providing technical expertise and guidance to team members in a lead capacity for multiple technical areas of specialtyInclude reporting relationship
- Subject matter expert in multiple technical areas of specialty; advanced knowledge of the business and user expectations for solutions is leveraged to complete project and/or service deliverables
- Act as a technical lead for Office 365 Collaboration stack including MS Teams Voice and MS Teams endpoints
- Build relationships with business and TS partners across all teams and work collaboratively to identify solutions and resolve any variances from stated business objectives
- Be part of network team in day to day activities including managing LAN/WAN and WiFi
What you bring
- 7+ years relevant experience
- Excellent Communications skills
- Strong knowledge MS Teams/Office 365
- 5+ years experience with IP PBX (Avaya/Cisco/Mitel)
- Good understanding of SIP protocol
- Hands on experience with PowerShell
- Ability to work closely with business partners, internal and external stakeholders, technology vendors to ensure solutions meet requirements, and architecture needs.
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).