Senior Workforce Claims Forecast Analyst
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID : 5728
Category : Claims
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Vancouver, Canada
Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
What can you expect in this role?
- Designs and enhances demand forecasting models based on a thorough understanding of demand drivers, seasonality factors, industry trends, and growth expectations
- Maintains demand forecasts in support of claims operations, claims service response and cycle times, as well as contact centre capacity models at several levels of granularity with respect to time horizon (annual, monthly, weekly, daily, hourly, …), work types (auto claims, property claims, accident benefits…) and language (English, French)
- Carefully maintains an extensive inventory of historical data points to be used as input into forecasting models
- Ensures that abnormal historical data points are identified and used to adjust historical data used as input into forecasting models and normalizing information
- Measures and reports on forecasting accuracy, and continually look for explanations for abnormal deviations in order to refine forecasting models and improve future accuracy
- Provides guidance and acts as consultant on projects and service delivery initiatives where demand forecasting knowledge and skills are required
What do you bring to the role?
- University degree (BBa/BSc) or college diploma in a related discipline (Mathematics, Statistics)
- Minimum of 3+ years in forecasting and/or data analytics, with emphasis on workforce management, process engineering, or data management
- Experience using databases to extract data for use in modelling specifically involving data mining, archiving, manipulation, tracking, and linking between multiple applications including but not limited to Impala, Tableau, SQL, Hadoop, and Power Pivot
- Experience with Five9 schedule routing application and Nice Iex Scheduler (or equivalent programs)
- Able to present data to various audiences including the ability to build and maintain effective dashboards which allow leaders to understand the story behind the numbers
- Experience with collaboration and documentation platforms like OneNote, Confluence
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office, specifically Excel and PowerPoint for model development and presentation
- Prior success working within a fast-paced, fast-changing environment
- Adaptable, able to switch gears with changing priorities
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).