Can a 150-year-old company think outside the box? Count on it. Deep experience is our springboard for innovation, whether that’s in how we work with our broker network, how we serve our customers, or how we support our employees.
Economical is part of Definity, a Canadian, multi-channel, property and casualty insurance company whose success is founded on our family of companies’ long history of delivering a superior experience for those who count on us. We’re proud to help our customers, broker partners, employees, and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change. Our success in transforming into a digital leader in our industry is driven by a talented and engaged team with a passion for innovation and high performance.
Reporting to the Manager – Commercial Training & Communications, you will be accountable for developing and delivering training content to our underwriting teams, primarily in Quebec
What can you expect in this role?
- Responsible for working with regional leadership and head office technical specialists to implement and deliver the Commercial Insurance (CI) technical training for both auto and property
- Contributes to the development and implementation of training courses, prioritized based on regional underwriting needs and aligned to the overall CI strategic goals and objectives
- Works closely with the Quality Review and Corporate Underwriting teams to ensure the delivery of accurate, high-quality training
- Work with CI Training team to provide governance and ownership over all CI training materials
- Identify English-language training materials that should be prioritized for translation, working closely with CI Training team peers and the Regional Underwriting team
- Help the CI Training team develop innovative and engaging training material
- Facilitate training sessions with energy and clarity
- Contribute to the development of our CI e-learning catalogue in Definity Learning
- Be an advocate for continuous learning and development within CI
What do you bring to the role?
- Commercial underwriting skills and systems knowledge, with minimum 5 years of commercial underwriting experience
- Experience training and/or mentoring new or existing employees — ability to effectively facilitate a session to a small or large audience
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong collaboration and stakeholder engagement skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and initiative — able to gather information, analyze critically, and cut through complexity to arrive at workable solutions
- Help to build and maintain a culture of high performance and sustained profitable growth by promoting and supporting an environment that encourages productivity, collaboration, teamwork, and a high level of professionalism
- CIP designation is preferred
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).