Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
What can you expect in this role?
- Facilitate collaborative sessions with diverse business stakeholder groups to drive requirements discovery, impact analysis, identify influencer groups, review and prioritize.
- Participate in various Agile ceremonies, alongside the Platform/Product Owner
- Writing & developing user stories, user acceptance test plan, strategies and leading the overall testing activities for medium to large initiatives.
- Develop use cases, defining and documenting processes and workflows, and how each class of user interacts with each system function.
- Build and maintain a repository of reusable requirements documentation to support future initiatives.
- Provide ongoing requirements/build/testing support to the developers and QA team
- Creation and Communication (verbal & written) of - Executive Summaries for Executives regarding incident/change updates, etc.
- Maintains an overall understanding of all changes impacting Contact Center solutions, including vendor, and external implementations outside of portfolio.
- Manage, report on, and ensure team adherence to standards, policies and KPIs, SLAs and SLOs applicable to the relevant technical function/domain/area of specialty
What do you bring to the role?
- 3-5 years of relevant career BA/BSA experience in an Agile environment (preferably in Banking/Financial industry). Expert at requirements gathering, documentation, testing and developing high level plans.
- Possesses strong analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept in Waterfall, Iterative and/or Agile environments
- Organized with the ability to quickly prioritize and effectively handle critical issues or competing priorities; move with agility from one task to another
- Ability to effectively facilitate collaborative sessions with large and diverse business stakeholder groups to drive requirements discovery, analysis, and review
- Demonstrate a high degree of self-motivation and tenacity to get the job done
- Experience in supporting Contact Centre technologies (preferably CCaaS, IVR, Reporting, Recoding & Analytics, Chat, Chatbots, Workforce Tools, Knowledge Tools etc.).
- Proficiency in MS Office, SharePoint, Service Now, JIRA and Confluence applications
- Excellent communication skills, analytical and problem-solving skills, inquisitive nature and comfort challenging current practices
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).