Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
The Business Assistant reports directly to VP of Technology and is responsible for supporting the day-to-day administration requirements of the senior management team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the provision of administrative support including calendar management, data entry, expense reimbursement, report preparation, and other associated duties.
- Assists the senior management team with all administrative functions
- Coordination of meetings, managing multiple conflicting meetings and necessary resources, booking and scheduling meetings with internal and external clients
- Compiles information and prepares reports and correspondence which is approved in finished form by the requesting party
- Ordering office supplies, coordinating office maintenance, etc.
- Coordination and preparation of documentation for leader's local and international travel
- Provides general administrative support to the technology leadership team
- Provides coding of invoices and forwards onto appropriate approval authority
- Other duties as assigned, including supporting other Admin team members
What do you bring to the role?
- Post-secondary diploma in Business/ Office Administration, or relevant discipline
- 5+ years of experience within an administrative environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365, Teams, SharePoint, Word, Excel and PowerPoint in order to produce professional correspondence and documentation
- High level of maturity and integrity with respect to confidential information
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Professional, friendly and courteous in all interactions with internal and external customers
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- High level of comfort dealing with senior level staff
- Collaborative approach to problem solving with focus on outcomes
- Detail-oriented to ensure accurate and complete quality of services
- You’re a superior planner, organizer and coordinator
- You have impeccable attention to detail
- You’re an outstanding verbal and written communicator
- You have the ability to perform well in a busy operation, remain calm under pressure and be adaptable, innovative and flexible
- You’re committed to continuous improvement and customer service; professional, friendly and courteous in all interactions
- You have a knack for working with minimal direct supervision
- You are a great team player
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).