Job ID : 5692
Category : Technology Solutions
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Toronto, Canada
Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
In this role, you will:
• Specialize in infrastructure server software and hardware lifecycle management.
• Provide technical expertise and direction to projects and/or support teams to effectively deliver quality solutions and services. Implement, support and maintain a stable and scalable technology portfolio aligned with business goals and technology standards.
• Accountable for the overall quality of the technical solutions, working collaboratively with stakeholders across business and technology teams seeking opportunities to improve quality of service and demonstrating commitment to operational excellence for all deliverables.
• Collaborate with team members across technology to ensure the overall solution includes requirements based on business requirements and technology standards, processes and policies
• Participate in governance forums required for the technical area of specialty and ensure follow-up items are completed in alignment with the target data and business priority
• Act as an expert resource providing insight and recommendations based on industry and technology trends, technology strategy and experience and share direction and learnings with team members
• Assess risk during projects and on a daily basis for the specific area of technical expertise based on the complexity, maturity of the technology, the experience of the team members and criticality of the solution to the business; identify and execute risk mitigation plans
• Build relationships with business and TS partners across all teams and work collaboratively to identify solutions and resolve any variances from stated business objectives
• There may be a requirement to work through an on-call rotation to support production services
Your Skills and Experience
• Experience in technologies such as Microsoft365, Cloud, Windows Server, Active Directory, Exchange, and Certificate management.
• Experience with virtualized technologies such as VMWare Vcentre, ESXi, etc.
• Able to coordinate small operational projects
Would be an asset
• Experience with virtualized desktop environments such as Horizon View or Microsoft WVD
• Microsoft Azure
• Experience in infrastructure automation (PowerShell scripting)
• Certifications :
o Microsoft MTA/MCSA/MCSE.
o VMware VCP / VCAP
o ITIL Foundation.
• 5+ years of relevant experience in supporting server infrastructure
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).