Job ID : 5688
Category : Technology Solutions
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Kitchener, Canada
Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
What can you expect in this role?
• Supporting Big Data system environments, specifically Cloudera where you will be responsible for the implementation and ongoing administration of Hadoop Infrastructure
• Aligning with the systems engineering team to propose and deploy new hardware and software environments to ensure our technology solution is stable and scalable to meet existing and future business needs
• Working collaboratively with stakeholders across business and technology teams
• Adding and removing users within the Hadoop Infrastructure
• Screening Hadoop cluster job performances and capacity planning
• Monitoring Hadoop cluster connectivity and security
• Support and maintain RStudio
• Participation in migrating Big Data platform to GCP
What do you bring to the role?
• University Degree or college diploma in computer science, information systems or a related discipline
• Minimum 5 years experience in Logical Database Administration
• Experience in Oracle Cloud and/or AWS
• Expertise in Oracle, MS SQLServer, Aurora, DynamoDB, and Terraform
• A self-starter that is highly focused on customer service
• Experience working in a fast-paced project environment.
• Ability to troubleshoot and resolve reported database problems.
• Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
• Experience in the design of backups, High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options.
• Knowledge of database security best practices
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal staff and external vendors.
• Ability to follow defined Incident, Problem and Change Management Processes
• Experience with either Oracle EBusiness Suite or DB2 databases in a production environment is an asset
• Cloud Certification is a plus
• Database architecture experience is an asset
• P&C industry experience an asset
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).