Sr. Agile Project Manager
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID : 5664
Category : Enterprise Project Management Office
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Toronto, Canada
Role Location: Hybrid
What can you expect in this role?
- The Agile Project Manager understands and is an expert in both Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Plan and execute projects using selected methodology for managing project scope, requirements changes, multiple and competing demands and priorities.
- Deliver projects across the enterprise leveraging a reasonable understanding of business and IT practices, terminologies and processes.
- Effectively serve/engage leadership, Product Owners and Development Teams trough the grooming process in an effort to assist in the delivery on their respective KPIs
- Facilitate the Agile process, guide and mentor teams, remove impediments/blockers or guide the team to remove impediments.
- Guide and motivate the team to be highly effective, self-organized, productive and accountable.
- Use appropriate fact-based metrics / assumptions to determine and convey impact on budget, time and risk.
- Launch and manage the delivery of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget delivery
- Facilitate Agile ceremonies including: sprint planning, backlog grooming, daily stand ups, sprint retrospectives, sprint demos and release planning. Lead teams in estimation, sizing, and sprint roadmap exercise.
- Coordinate project team/POD activities and expectations, including collaboration with all project stakeholders from other Economical areas, internal and external consultants, contractors, vendors and external regulatory organizations
- Identify, manage and monitor risks, assumptions, blockers, impediments, constraints and internal and cross-track dependencies
- Resolve project issues and conflicts, create or facilitate an action plan to resolve and escalate issues appropriately as required
- Lead team in using Agile techniques: User Stories, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing.
- Provide reports tailored to various audiences according to complexity, risk and stakeholder reporting requirements.
- Develop project artifacts and revise initial planning estimates
- Adopt established governance model, guiding principles, foundational processes and procedures, to ensure consistent project delivery practices
- Establish and maintain project oversight, governance and ensure appropriate oversight committees are in place and meet regularly
- Aggregate financial and non-financial project data at the project level
- Ensure that project outcomes are accepted, measure and analyze stakeholder perceptions
- Work with Finance and project sponsors to track delivery costs and determine benefits realization post implementation
- Collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams including, Architects, Designers, Developers, Business Analysts, Technical Testers as well as business and IT leadership
- Ensure open and continuous communication around expectations, progress, challenges and risks. Develop and execute communication plan for all stakeholders
What do you bring to the role?
- University Degree or College Diploma in computer science, information systems or a related discipline; PMP designation is an asset
- 5+ years of experience leading teams using project management tools and techniques, both Agile and Milestone-based/Waterfall.
- Experience in Agile approaches: Scrum, Kanban.
- Able to confidently provide effective written and verbal updates on the product roadmap and key projects to senior leadership and stakeholders.
- Experience working with or large system integrator or outsourced IT service providers is an asset
- Experience in the Property and Casualty Insurance industry and its related practices and processes is an asset
- Experience with Jira/Confluence, Microsoft SharePoint, MS Project, or other resource management and tracking tools (e.g. Clarity)
- A critical thinker, works well under pressure, and perform well in a fast paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to influence and effectively negotiate with stakeholders
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).