Consultant, Risk Services - Property
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID : 5644
Category : Commercial Insurance
Brand : Economical
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Montreal, Canada
Can a 150-year-old company think outside the box? Count on it. Deep experience is our springboard for innovation, whether that’s in how we work with our broker network, how we serve our customers, or how we support our employees.
Economical is part of Definity, a Canadian, multi-channel, property and casualty insurance company whose success is founded on our family of companies’ long history of delivering a superior experience for those who count on us. We’re proud to help our customers, broker partners, employees, and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change. Our success in transforming into a digital leader in our industry is driven by a talented and engaged team with a passion for innovation and high performance.
- Perform onsite property risk assessments for commercial insurance customers and prospects, including providing full reports to underwriters and developing recommendations to improve the customer’s risk
- Provide consultative assistance to customers, brokers, and underwriters on topics relating to commercial property risk, including business interruption and natural hazards
- Developing customer service strategies to support customers and underwriters throughout the policy lifecycle
What can you expect in this role?
- Remote position reporting to Risk Services Manager for Property, primarily supporting business in Quebec (occasional work in Ontario and Eastern Canada)
- Conduct onsite assessments of commercial property risks (including light commercial, manufacturing, forestry, etc.)
- Issue and manage recommendations to support ongoing risk improvement
- Provide technical support, through work on technical reference materials, customer risk aids, and ongoing technical referrals from underwriting
What do you bring to the role?
- Bachelors Degree and 5 or more years in loss control / risk services OR High School Diploma (or equivalent) and 10 or more years in loss control / risk services
- Formal education or training in fire protection (e.g. diploma or certification in fire protection technology)
- Experience setting up and completing onsite risk assessments
- Experience with relevant codes and standards (e.g. national/provincial fire codes, NFPA, FM), as well as awareness of best practice and industry trends
- Skills in customer management, presentation, and time management
- Fluency in English and French
- Ability to travel throughout Canada (as necessary)
- Experience with Machinery Breakdown and/or Agricultural risk is an asset
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).