Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
The Configuration Manager (CM) is a professional discipline that recommends, provides and verifies all processes in a continuous effort to control Features related to Programs and ensure integrity and quality of all product under development.
CM focuses on four principals that include identification, control, audit, and report (aka status accounting). Typically, the four principles are instantiated into version control, change control, problem management, build management, release engineering, CM audits, and metrics and reporting on CM activities and baselines.
The CM focuses on these key principles:
- Version Control amongst all delivery teams
- Technical Change Management amongst all delivery teams
- Release engineering during Implementations and Deployments amongst all delivery teams
- Accountable for all audit materials related to Releases approved for Deployment
What can you expect in this role?
The Configuration Manager is responsible for all management and planning including:
- Version control mechanisms for all software and hardware (information technology) being delivered by the program (IT focus, does not include version control for any other type of program deliverable such as process models, procedures, checklists, policies, non-IT equipment or furniture, etc.)
- Change and release management – represents the team at all IT change and release management meetings, produces all change and release management document submissions, etc. (IT focus, does not include organizational change management such as program communications, training, or organizational change resistance management)
- Creating and submitting all change and release records required by the IT change and release management processes and the IT configuration management processes of the organization
- Software and hardware build and integration mechanisms for all information technology being delivered by the program, program-level administration of tools that support this
- Release planning and release/deployment mechanisms for all information technology being delivered by the program, program-level administration of tools that support this
- Collecting all DevOps (software engineering) and TechOps (IT operations) metrics for the team, and working with the Scrum Masters who collect all agile metrics, to report the combined team metrics
- Ensuring the necessary tools and processes are in place to promote and advance the practice of continuous build and the frequency of implementation per team
- Establishment and communication of guidelines for branching, merging and readiness for implementation activities across all Program teams
- Resolution of all conflicts and contradictions which arise from the deployment process
- Participation and assistance with the scheduled Implementation Order Plan (meeting) for teams that require their assistance and expertise
- Full deployment reviews and reports with leadership
- Relevant tools assessment and replacement/upgrade recommendations based on current and trending Best Practices
- SCM best practice including branching, flow, structure and templating across the enterprise
- Lead the culture of configuration best practice across the entire SDLC lifecyle at the enterprise level through coaching, communication and documentation
- Schedule, manage and coordinate deployment activities across multiple applications within various portfolios across different teams and projects
- Collaborate with Release Management team to govern release readiness criteria and ensure all changes meet criteria prior to deployment
- Collaborate with developers to properly resolve merge conflicts and deployment errors
- Develop and maintain documentation and diagrams with respect to overall Build Management activities across multiple domains
What do you bring to the role?
- Must have least 4 years of industry experience automating CI/CD pipelines
- Must have least 6 years of Dev Ops experience
- Highly flexible and able to quickly adapt to changing priorities
- Experience with the following tools: Docker, Jenkins, ELK, Artifactory, Ansible, Vault, Consul, Kubernetes, Terraform, Inspec, JIRA, Confluence, nginx, HA Proxy, SoftLayer, git
- Experience with Full Stack Deployment is an asset
- Experience with scripting tools (e.g., bash, python)
- Some experience of IP networking, VPN, DNS, load balancing and firewalls
- Understanding of git branching strategies
- Ability to identify gaps and implement improvements to the CI/CD pipeline
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across teams
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).