Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
What can you expect in this role?
- The role serves as a technology partner to our lines of business, supporting the design, development and deployment of statement, billing and associated customer\broker documentation leveraging OpenText Exstream document composition platform.
Application Management Responsibilities
- Working under the direction of the Document Management Team Leader, partner with analysts, SME’s and senior management to consult on forms design and dynamic composition using business data from enterprise source systems.
- Leverage your experience with a variety of OpenText Exstream related concepts, such as web-service connection, output sorting, Interactive documents, version control, Exstream QA methodologies.
- Possess scripting/automation skills, or demonstrate capacity to acquire these skills, to create techniques to script repetitive tasks in Exstream
Application Support Responsibilities
- Ensure Routine Tasks, maintenance, and audits are being executed.
- Develop and execute or assign new routine tasks and audits to keep the application performing optimally.
- Respond and resolve system issues and escalations.
- Ensure the security of the application, ensuring careful security administration and compliance.
- Evolve our support model, continually tuning it and taking the best advantage of the team and organizational structures.
What you bring to role:
- Strong OpenText Exstream Design & Development experience
- Deep knowledge in developing and documenting forms design and specification with working experience on OpenText Exstream
- Java programming skills is a preference
- Desire to help shape our document management practice
- Ability to increase OpenText Exstream knowledge within the organization including best practices
- Team player that loves to interact with variety of people such as business analysts and DevOps team to get job done
- Good overall design and analytical skills with attention to detail to produce great customer communications
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).