Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
What can you expect in this role?
- Provide guidance, on-the-job training, technical instructions and direct leadership to your team relative to performance, productivity, personal conduct and adherence to processes and Corporate policies and procedures.
- Complete audits by reviewing and monitoring claims files and providing effective feedback.
- Foster team development by identifying training opportunities and keeping yourself and team informed of changes to policies and procedures.
- You will provide coaching, mentoring and performance feedback to your team
- Manage expenses and annual operating budget for the team.
- Conduct interviews for vacancies within your team or the line and making recommendations for new hires.
- Other duties as assigned
What do you bring to the role?
- University degree in any discipline or a college diploma in a related field or the CIP designation.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in Accident Benefits with previous leadership experience an asset.
- Computer proficient in MS Word and Excel
- Professional, friendly and courteous in all interactions, whether with customers or co-workers.
- Perform well in a busy operation and remain calm under pressure.
- Team player adaptable to a changing environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated organizational, negotiation, analytical and interpersonal skills are essential.
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).