Job ID : 5589
Category : Technology Solutions
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Winnipeg, Canada
Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
What can you expect in this role?
• Coordinate end-to-end successful delivery of Petline initiatives working closely with the Petline technology delivery team, business stakeholders and the wider TS Organization
• Ensure the progress of sprint deliverables through all stages from requirements, development, testing, final business approval to post production business signoff.
• Manage the project pipeline and sequencing with input from the business teams as well as various technology partners within the TS Organization
• Support all intake and prioritization processes including the updating of project scheduling tools
• Support requirement discovery and project scoping resulting in effective solutions meeting both business and technology needs
• Own and manage all aspects of Change and Release management related to the project deliverables
• Build strong working relationships with business stakeholders and build in-depth knowledge of the technology environment and how it supports the business
• Build strong working relationships within the TS organization to facilitate optimal delivery and ensure what is delivered meets stated benefits and stakeholder’s expectations
• Ensure as projects evolve that stakeholders are involved in all decisions impacting scope and delivery
• Manage project risks & issues; proactively drive risk mitigation and issue resolution
• Act as the point of contact and communicate project status to stakeholders and leadership frequently
What do you bring to the role?
• Degree in business, computer science or a related discipline is preferred
• 2+ years of Business Systems Analysis experience
• Experience in successfully delivering initiatives with shared resources
• Experience in establishing, actively managing, and monitoring IT projects
• Experience in delivering IT solutions in insurance or banking industries is an asset
• Exceptional organizational and time-management skills to multi-task and effectively manage to compete and changing priorities
• Proactively communicates information in a clear and positive manner. Layering excellent decision-making skills with a natural aptitude for observation
• Self-starter with the ability to multi-task effectively and independently in a fast paced environment
• Practical knowledge of project management techniques, tools, methodologies would be an asset.
• This role can be located in Winnipeg or Kitchener
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).