Sonnet is part of Definity, which includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, Definity has grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Your role reports to our Training Manager. Your main responsibility is to deliver, design and develop incredibly engaging training that will stimulate trainees as well as create other training assets to help keep the knowledge alive. Last but definitely not least, you are a key part of the overall leadership team which means we need your help to improve our training program, our knowledge base, and our operations overall.
You will be a key part in ensuring that Sonnet is providing unparalleled service and support to our customers. This requires someone who is highly focused with a strong understanding of what makes customer service great from a learning and development perspective.
- Treat our Insurance Advisors as your customers ensuring they are supported, respected, and involved in creating training curricula.
- Facilitate training sessions with energy and pizazz (not pizza but if it helps…).
- Leverage data from different sources to help the Training team design and develop innovative and engaging training solutions leading to unparalleled customer satisfaction by using the appropriate instructional methodology. It is all about the customer from design to servicing.
- Write concise, creative, and effective instruction for deliverables including design documents, storyboards, job-aids, prototypes, wiki’s, discovery articles, instructor and participant materials.
- Evolve training and training materials in an organization obsessed with Customer Experience.
- Conduct Level 1 and Level 2 evaluations.
- Consistently communicate results in a timely manner knowing that communication can make or break a great customer service department.
- Be a constant learner and constant teacher - we all have something to share and to learn.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure strong two-way communications and ensure the Contact Centre gets the appropriate information to effectively handle our customer calls, chats, and emails.
- Always champion the service philosophy in everything you do and every meeting you are in. You help us create the gold seal standard in customer service and you challenge others both in the Contact Centre and in the broader organization to live up to the standard.
- Other duties as required
You will be measured on:
- Someone who has an Adult Education certification/accreditation or is in the process of obtaining one or who has an equivalent post-secondary education or equivalent in training experience.
- Licensed in Personal Lines insurance (Home & Auto) -OTL or AMF and both is a huge plus! Having a CIP designation is considered an asset
- Someone who has several years of experience in a training role in a world-class customer service environment.
- Fluently bilingual in English and French, in both written and verbal communication is considered a strong asset
- Previous instructional design experience is considered an asset
- Excellent at listening, making people feel heard and valued.
- A detail-oriented natural observer.
- Experienced in instructional design methodologies, adult learning principles, and facilitation.
- Someone with advanced written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledgeable with authoring tools and MS Office to support learning.
- Someone with a strong work ethic who leads by example - you work hard, play hard and expect nothing less from those around them.
- Someone who is not afraid to ask others for help when needed.
- Not territorial or worried about looking good but would rather everyone look good together.
- Flexible to work at different times to run the operation.
- The two metrics that matter the most - Employee and Customer Satisfaction.
- World-class service as demonstrated by the Contact Centre having amazing Customer Satisfaction scores.
- Effective and engaging training sessions and training material as evaluated by our Insurance Advisors and based on retention of material.
- Commitment to the corporate leadership values
- Your contribution to ongoing projects and training initiatives
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).