Manager, Total Reward Programs
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID : 5562
Category : Human Resources
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Waterloo, Canada
Can a 150-year-old company think outside the box? Count on it. Deep experience is our springboard for innovation, whether that’s in how we work with our broker network, how we serve our customers, or how we support our employees.
Economical is part of Definity, a Canadian, multi-channel, property and casualty insurance company whose success is founded on our family of companies’ long history of delivering a superior experience for those who count on us. We’re proud to help our customers, broker partners, employees, and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change. Our success in transforming into a digital leader in our industry is driven by a talented and engaged team with a passion for innovation and high performance.
Reporting to the AVP, Total Rewards, the Manager, Reward Programs leads all aspects of the recognition, benefits, wellness, occupational health and safety, recovery management, and retirement savings programs and processes. Through a hands-on approach, they use their technical and leadership expertise to guide the team and provide recommendations on best practices related to the design and operation of our programs. The Manager identifies opportunities for improvement, challenges the status quo and seeks to elevate existing programs. As a member of a strong and dynamic HR leadership team, the Manager collaborates with other HR functional areas, business stakeholders, and enterprise leaders to continuously enhance the employee experience in a rapidly changing environment.
What can you expect in this role?
- Provides leadership to a team of three specialists by embodying our company values and behaviors and by inspiring team members to drive better engagement, innovation and business outcomes.
- Manages the timely, accurate and efficient administration of programs. Maintains metrics on program costs and trends and prepares recommendations for improvements and cost-saving measures in line with overall HR program goals.
- Designs, proposes, implements and evaluates programs with internal and external stakeholders - continuously evolves programs and services to earn and keep employee and business partner trust and to deliver a positive employee experience.
- As a member of the HR leadership team, collaborates and consults with fellow HR leaders specific to total rewards - centric projects and broader HR initiatives. Supports HR Business Partners to provide total rewards-related consulting to leaders in all lines of business.
- Manages the relationships with external vendors, such as benefits and pension consultants, and rewards and recognition third parties to ensure provision of required services, contract adherence and governance. Partners with the Vendor Management team to complete marketing and contract negotiations as required.
- Keeps current with, and researches, upcoming changes in legislation and ensures changes are implemented and communicated.
- Supports the AVP, Total Rewards with planning, budgeting and the development and delivery of material for the Board of Directors and related committees.
What do you bring to the role?
- University degree, preferably in HR or in a related discipline
- Current CHRL and CEBS certification are preferred
- At least 6 to 8 years progressive HR experience. Minimum 3 years broad total rewards related experience preferably with exposure to benefits, retirement savings and health and safety programs. Minimum of 2 years leadership experience.
- Strong benefits industry and market knowledge of competitive landscape
- Ability to influence with-well developed personal interaction skills
- Process-oriented with a change mindset
- Proven track record of being able to work independently and execute on initiatives
- Excellent communication and writing skills and the ability to effectively present information to business leaders and internal stakeholders
- Ability to bring insights to the organization that influence actions/decisions
- Proficient in the use of MS Office suite
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
- Competitive salaries, with potential for an annual raise and bonus
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- A share ownership plan with company matching
- Generous time away, including vacation and personal needs days
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Robust wellness program — participants earn up to $300 each year to spend on almost anything supporting health and work-life balance (think things like spa days, daycare, pet grooming)
- An unlimited employee referral bonus program
- Flexible work schedule
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).