Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
What can you expect in this role?
- Provide the team with direction and coaching to ensure the efficient handling of commercial, complex and SIU claims.
- Providing ongoing coaching and mentoring to the team in the management of day-to-day business issues applying Performance Management Cycle model.
- Analyzing, developing and implementing an efficient claims system by monitoring delivery systems, procedures and methods to help improve processes and results.
- Monitoring and Managing new intake, offline policies and pending claims analysis.
- Managing calls, inquiries and relationships with brokers, senior leadership and clients in a professional and expedited manner.
- Ongoing performance feedback to Claims Representatives by reviewing reports, discussing options, and developing action plans.
- Monitor and maintain sufficient reserves to cover losses.
- Developing the team to achieve Economical claims file quality standards – complete quality audit reviews.
- Monitoring and analyzing service levels and manually assigning work based on volume, capacity or specialty when necessary.
- Conducting performance evaluations, providing ongoing and effective feedback, identifying training opportunities and keeping staff informed of changes to policies and procedures.
- Forecast for potential vacancies, resourcing opportunities and conduct interviews, internal and external, and make recommendations for new hires.
* Work closely and collaboratively with other Team Leads, Teams, Leaders, Colleagues and the Manager.
- Must be available to work within the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
What do you bring to the role?
- University degree or College diploma in any discipline
- CIP designation would be an asset
- Minimum of 5 years’ claims experience – complex and/or commercial experience preferred
- Leadership experience is preferred including experience in performance management
- Demonstrated organizational, negotiation, analytical and interpersonal skills are essential
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).