Senior Claims Representative, Casualty and Bodily Injury
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID : 5552
Category : Claims
Brand : Economical
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Kitchener, Canada
What can you expect in this role?
- Investigating claims to determine liability and quantum
- Confirming policy coverage
- Maintaining detailed file records on an electronic claims system
- Attending/participating in mediations, pre-trials and settlement initiatives, as a representative of Economical Insurance
- Settle claims directly with the injured party and with plaintiff lawyers
What do you bring to the role?
- University degree, a college diploma or the CIP designation
- Quebec Applicants: Fully licensed to handle claims in Quebec through the AMF with Personal lines and Commercial licenses
- Minimum 3 years of claims handling experience in Bodily Injury/Casualty Litigation
- Notable Commercial General Liability Claims handling experience, both Bodily Injury and Property damage.
- Professional, friendly and courteous in all interactions, whether with customers or co-workers
- Perform well in a busy operation and remain calm under pressure
- Team player adaptable to a changing environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Same Posting Description for Internal and External Candidates
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).