Can a 150-year-old company think outside the box? Count on it. Deep experience is our springboard for innovation, whether that’s in how we work with our broker network, how we serve our customers, or how we support our employees.
Economical is part of Definity, a Canadian, multi-channel, property and casualty insurance company whose success is founded on our family of companies’ long history of delivering a superior experience for those who count on us. We’re proud to help our customers, broker partners, employees, and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change. Our success in transforming into a digital leader in our industry is driven by a talented and engaged team with a passion for innovation and high performance.
Reporting to the VP, Human Resources Operations, the HR Analytics Manager leverages both qualitative and quantitative talent data to provide key talent, culture and organizational health metrics, insights and advice to HR leaders and key business stakeholders. This role analyzes human capital data and recommends and presents actions based on the insights generated. The HR Analytics Lead will also provide support to key HR projects and recommend measures and tracking to ensure successful implementation.
What can you expect in this role?
Data Collection & Analysis
- Determines ways to measure evolving trends and the impact they have on the organization - proposes areas for data-driven analysis, liaising with stakeholders to define requirements
- Acquires, cleanses, analyzes, and integrates data from multiple sources (e.g. Oracle, Payroll, Finance system, Advanced Analytics team surveys, Total Rewards program metrics, industry best practices etc.) to create dashboards and insights
- Organizes data to highlight trends and develops hypotheses regarding root causes, validating through research and collaboration with stakeholders
- Creates recommendations for streamlined / self-service dashboards and reporting, leveraging various technology platforms
- Provides analysis that aligns with HR and organizational goals & objectives
- Seeks out and leverages a variety of benchmark sources to provide insights and make recommendations
Provide Insights and Advice
- Provides insights that influences stakeholders to take actions that drive business results through high quality dashboards, presentations and reports.
- Proposes solutions that align with organization resource availability, strategic priorities and culture to ensure solutions are feasible in our organization.
- Maintains knowledge of key developments in the field, bringing insight to the organization and the HR team to continuously develop our metrics and analytics capabilities.
Data Subject Matter Expert
- Represents HR in organization-wide initiatives related to data and metrics
- Partners with Finance to provide comprehensive headcount reporting between HR and Finance
- Participates in new HR System implementation related to data structure and reporting
- Designs and develops dashboards/scorecards that pertain to specific HR programs and initiatives/projects
- Fosters a data-driven approach across the HR team educating and helping the team become more comfortable leveraging data to make business decisions
- Provides advice about the definition, production, and usage of data within HR
- Collaborate with various teams across the organization to integrate people metrics with business unit metrics & reporting
What do you bring to the role?
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative discipline or equivalent experience and education
- 5+ years of relevant experience designing analytical frameworks.
- Strong knowledge of human resources information systems (e.g. Oracle, Payroll) database functionality
- Excellent knowledge of leading data visualization & analytics software tools (i.e. R, Tableau)
- Ability to develop complex reports, produce dashboards and complete analysis with large datasets into clear and succinct packages
- Exceptional analytical skills with the ability to propose creative solutions to complex data issues
- Superior communication and writing skills and the ability to effectively present information to business leaders and HR team members (expert PowerPoint and Excel skills)
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, organize and accomplish objectives independently and proactively
- Proven ability to bring insights to the organization that influence actions/decisions
- Ability to translate HR data into business outcomes
- Strong collaborator with the ability to influence action related to data insights
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).