Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
What can you expect in this role?
- Strong knowledge of Contact Centre Technologies, including but not limited to Telephony, and Digital applications
- Experience deploying, operating, and troubleshooting CCaaS solutions at scale
- Proactively monitor system, respond to issues, troubleshoot, and work with internal & external teams to identify root causes, develop and implement technical resolutions
- Install and configure SaaS platform and systems following documented standards
- Work with business operations, and vendor support teams to support and troubleshoot issues.
- Comfortable with interfacing with business on design discussions and gathering of requirements.
- Create and maintain in-depth documentation for use by other Ops teams
- Provide support across service tiers for server, network environments and platform administration.
- Working knowledge of workforce and knowledge management tools
- Analyze service incidents and problems, identify risks, provide recommendations, and implement solutions.
- Primary Focus will be as System Administration of Five9 CCaaS, NICE WFM, Verint QM, and Salesforce.
- Prepare and maintain detailed documentation and network and voice infrastructure policies, standards, diagrams, and call flows.
- Take ownership of all assigned tickets and drive to resolution, researching and escalating to a vendor as necessary.
- Maintains an overall understanding of all changes impacting Contact Center solutions, including vendor, and external implementations outside of portfolio.
- Act as a subject matter expert and mentor to other team members.
- Basic Scripting (Batch/Python/etc)
- Experience running and maintaining a 24x7 production environment across multiple data centers and cloud systems
What do you bring to the role?
- Extensive knowledge of contact center technology with previous experience in similar role.
- 3-5 years of experience as with Cloud and SaaS applications
- Experience managing enterprise level technology
- Enjoy a challenge when it comes to technical issues and be resourceful in the way you find a solution
- Possesses strong analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to effectively facilitate collaborative sessions with large and diverse business stakeholder groups to drive requirements discovery, analysis, and review.
- Curios about how things work and have passion for solving problems
- Be naturally innovative and forward thinking
- Be analytical and overly detailed oriented when dealing with technical support issues
- Openly share your knowledge with the team
- Customer first, mindset
- Inherently demonstrate a high level of integrity and be trustworthy
- Be very approachable with your superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Be aware of and mitigate enterprise risk factors and ensure compliance with applicable regulations, legislation and company policies and procedures
- Willingness to work beyond core business hours / on call, if necessary, to minimize business interruption during planned or unplanned network/system modifications
- Proficiency in MS Office, SharePoint, Service Now, JIRA and Confluence applications
- Excellent communication skills, analytical and problem-solving skills, inquisitive nature and comfort challenging current practices
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).