Can a 150-year-old company think outside the box? Count on it. Deep experience is our springboard for innovation, whether that’s in how we work with our broker network, how we serve our customers, or how we support our employees.
Economical is part of Definity, a Canadian, multi-channel, property and casualty insurance company whose success is founded on our family of companies’ long history of delivering a superior experience for those who count on us. We’re proud to help our customers, broker partners, employees, and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change. Our success in transforming into a digital leader in our industry is driven by a talented and engaged team with a passion for innovation and high performance.
What can you expect in this role?
- Reporting to the Team Leader, Technical Processing, you will be accountable for providing superior service in a processing role.
- You’ll gather background information on new commercial business.
- You’ll enter and organize certificates of insurance, renewals, abeyances, letters of experience, quotes, inspections and BI&I into the commercial insurance systems.
- You’ll enter data, coding off-system policies, endorsements, forms, and letters.
- You’ll order required reports on policies (inspections).
- You’ll code with accuracy into the policy administration system all renewals.
- You’ll complete specific policy tasks - ordering loss runs, billing inquiries.
- You’ll follow up on abeyances
- You’ll work closely with the regional underwriting technician as well as the regional underwriters.
- You’ll also help out with general office and other duties as required.
What do you bring to the role?
- Completed high school diploma and relevant work experience.
- Preference will be given to candidates with a post-secondary degree or diploma or willingness to complete a CIP designation.
- At least 2 years experience in as Underwriting Technician or any other Insurance experience
- Strong computer skills including previous experience in working in case management tools, portals or databases will be an asset.
- Bilingual, written and spoken (French and English) will be considered an asset
Preference will be given to candidates who have experience in an underwriting support role We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).