Job ID : 5530
Category : Personal Insurance
Brand : Economical
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Waterloo, Canada
Economical is part of Definity, which includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, Definity has grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
• Develop machine learning models and support the management of models throughout the model lifecycle.
• Develop, monitor, and enhance analytical solutions in collaboration with business stakeholders and IT professionals.
• Effectively plan and manage analytics projects, leading team members through technical work.
• Develop a strong understanding of the insurance business through independent learning and working closely with business stakeholders.
• Continually focus on innovation and process improvement to promote leading practices and efficiency across the organization.
• University degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics, or a related discipline.
• Experience with developing and implementing analytics solutions.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Ability to develop creative solutions to complex problems.
• 3+ years of experience with statistical programming languages like Python, and database query languages like SQL, Hive or Pig. Familiarity with Scala, Java, or C++ is an asset.
• Significant experience with machine learning techniques like GLM, GAM, XGBoost, Neural Networks, k-NN and SVM, etc.
• Familiarity with Big Data Technologies such as Hadoop and Spark.
• Experience with cloud computing platforms such as GCP or AWS is highly desired.
• Experiencing with CI/CD pipelines for deploying data and machine learning models is highly desired.
• Knowledge of Git for version control and collaboration is an asset.
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).