Senior Actuarial Analyst, Special Projects, Personal Insurance - Pricing
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID : 5519
Category : Personal Insurance
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Waterloo, Canada
Location: Toronto, Waterloo, Montreal or Vancouver- Hybrid
Reporting to the Pricing Manager, your responsibilities include contributions to pricing projects using state of the art actuarial models and innovative approaches as well as the coaching and mentoring of less experienced analysts. Projects are varied and include development of rating structures and monitoring/reporting on overall rate adequacy. In this role, you will have exposure to rating and product development work in both personal auto and personal property lines, with valuable project leadership opportunities and career development potential.
What can you expect in this role?
- Develop knowledge of actuarial operations and the insurance business, including predictive modeling, underwriting, claims handling, and product development
- Develop and apply your experience with database and predictive modeling software to prepare and analyze data for profitability analysis and other diverse applications
- Effectively manage timelines for independent projects and analysis
- Communicate actuarial concepts and make recommendations to management both verbally and in writing with supporting documentation
- Measure, track, and monitor company and industry performance
- Respond to requests of internal and external stakeholders
- Identify opportunities for process efficiencies across business areas
- Perform peer reviews on the technical and qualitative analysis of peers
What do you bring to the role?
- University degree in any one of the following programs: Actuarial Sciences, Mathematics, Statistics
- Completion of 4-6 exams of the Casualty Actuarial Society
- 2-5 years of relevant experience full time experience
- Strong programming skills, including knowledge of SAS and efficient use of Microsoft applications (Excel, Access, VBA, etc.)
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Able to perform well in a busy operation and remain calm under pressure
- Team player, adaptable to a changing and fast-paced environment
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).