Economical is part of Definity, which includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, Definity has grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
What can you expect in this role?
- Works collaboratively with claim partners to identify and evaluate team performance, creating content and delivering coaching and training designed to drive productivity and enhance the customer experience
- Develop and deliver group and individualized technical training programs nationally
- Conduct training programs with new and existing staff to better identify skill gaps to assist in the creation of individual and group coaching/ training needs
- Provide regular coaching to both new trained claims teams
- Provide performance feedback to leaders with action plan recommendations for new hires
- Reviews and analyzes post course assessments to evaluate the effectiveness of the course content and recommend updates, as necessary.
- Create content which allows for the transfer of skills and knowledge necessary to meet the various Claims teams goals and objectives.
What do you bring to the role?
- University degree or 2-year college diploma in one of the following programs: Insurance, Law & Security, Loss Control or Business Administration, Architectural Technology and/or the CIP designation
- Minimum 4-6 years of claims adjusting experience
- Excellent presentation and organizational skills
- Effective written and verbal communication, analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Able to perform well in a busy environment and remain calm under pressure
- Team player adaptable to a changing environment
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Demonstrated collaborative skills and open to feedback
- Bilingualism (French and English) is an asset
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).