Economical is part of Definity, which includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, Definity has grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
What can you expect in this role?
- Act as Customer Product Owner for the claims transformation initiative
- Help build the new customer digital claims experience and journey, ensuring it delivers on the objectives of the digital customer roadmap
- Collaborate with other claims product owners and technology solutions team (internal and external) members and business stakeholders
- Drive the ongoing evolution of the claims customer journey roadmap, identifying and championing innovative technologies and solutions to enhance the claims customer experience
- Lead the business case development for further technology investment, focusing on customer experience
- Lead, guide and develop the claims customer experience team
- Manage the CX measurement platform, ensuring the platform continues to add value to the claims organization
- Identify and design best practice customer experience measurements to continuously drive the claims mission forward
- Collaborate with operational leaders to influence the improvement of customer experience across the division
- Act as a Champion in the voice of our customers, help to identify opportunities within the claims division for improved customer experience
- Lead initiatives to help address identified opportunities
What do you bring to the role?
- Bachelor’s degree in math, business, or a related field
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience, with a focus on Customer Experience and/or Digital Transformation and a demonstrated ability to identify, design, implement, and sustain exceptional customer journeys
- 3-5 years of leadership experience
- Team player with the strong influencing and relationship building skills
- Claims industry experience preferred, but not required
- Prior experience with CX platforms like Medallia an asset
- Innovative, strategic, and critical thinker
- Highly collaborative approach, inclusive and welcoming of different perspectives, and skilled at conflict resolution
- Excellent communicator, both written and oral, including the ability to present data and information in a compelling way, and tailoring delivery to a variety of audiences
- Strong project management capabilities, including experience with agile methodologies
- Excellent problem-solving skills, including the ability to analyze data, identify trends, draw insights, and see related opportunities
- Experienced with process improvement methodologies (e.g. System Thinking, Lean)
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment, able navigate ambiguity, and effectively prioritize among multiple demands
- Independent, self-motivated, and resourceful
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).