What can you expect in this role?
- Providing ongoing coaching and mentoring to the team in the management of day-to-day business issues applying Performance Management Cycle model.
- Analyzing, developing and implementing an efficient claims system by monitoring delivery systems, procedures and methods to help improve processes and results.
- Monitoring and Managing new intake and pending analysis.
- Providing coaching and performance feedback to Claims Representatives by reviewing reports, discussing options, and developing action plans.
- Coaching and developing the team to maintain sufficient reserves to cover losses.
- Coaching and developing the team to achieve Economical Insurance claims file quality standards.
- Monitoring and analyzing queue service levels.
- Fostering staff development by providing ongoing and effective feedback, identifying training opportunities and keeping staff informed of changes to policies and procedures.
- Accountable for the performance management of assigned staff.
- Initiating interviews for vacancies within the unit and makes recommendations for new hires.
- Managing expenses and annual operating budget for the team
What do you bring to the role?
- University degree, CIP designation or 2-year college diploma within a relevant discipline
- 5 years of claims experience, with focus on the direct handling of a variety of progressive property claims
- Fluently bilingual (English & French)
- AMF license, 5A as a requirement
- 1-2 years of supervisory experience
- Previous call center experience is an asset
- Strong people leader soft skills
- Demonstrated organizational, negotiation, analytical and interpersonal skills are essential
- Experience coaching through organizational change is an asset
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).