Economical is part of Definity, which includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, Definity has grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
What can you expect in this role?
- Lead and manage end-to-end technology solutions or services delivery for HR business line & portfolio, which includes but not limited Integrations, Core HR, Oracle Recruitment Cloud, Absence Management & Compensation.
- Responsible for Technology delivery for application sets within their scope, commissioning projects to be executed by project managers.
- Act as a solutions integrator; provide a flexible approach by offering and negotiating options with Business that balance service levels, cost and risk.
- Develop impact assessments, manage delivery schedules, access issues & change requests, perform risk assessments to consistently manage operational processes (time reporting).
- Report on Project progress, status, overall health and individual applications.
- Lead the development of applications and services, monitor and track to established plans with HCM and Business Management team
- Measure, monitor projects, stay within budget, meet or exceed expectations.
- Assess work plans, identify scheduling issues, report and escalate, as needed.
- Track major project deliverables; share updates and other support initiatives.
- Manage Oracle Quarterly updates activities and work with different stakeholders to ensure successful deployment of objects & patches.
What do you bring to the role?
- Undergraduate Degree in Business/Commerce or a Technology Discipline (Computer Science, Engineering)
- 10+ years relevant experience.
- Excellent Communications skills
- Expert knowledge and understanding of Financial Industry technology standards (e.g., infrastructure, architecture, applications, platforms,).
- Ability to work closely with business partners, internal and external stakeholders, technology vendors to ensure solutions meet requirements, and architecture needs.
- Strong knowledge of configuration, integration, and implementation of Oracle solutions, including, Oracle Fusion HCM Core HR, , Oracle Fusion HCM Absence Management and Oracle Fusion HCM Compensation
- Expert knowledge of Oracle PaaS Tools such as Oracle Integration Cloud(OIC), VBCS, PCS & REST APIs.
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).