Economical is part of Definity, which includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, Definity has grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Role Location: Toronto or Waterloo (Hybrid)
What can you expect in this role?
- Managing complex IT agreements such as Master Service Agreements (MSA) and System Implementation Agreements (SIA)
- Developing complete and detailed understandings of critical complex service provider contracts including all terms and conditions, SLAs and contractual obligations
- Providing support for the legal team in drafting, reviewing and/or negotiating contract documentation, such as statements of work, schedules, NDA’s, contract renewals and notices of termination.
- Independently drafting, reviewing and negotiating lower risk contracts using approved templates and/or pre-defined standards, and escalating contracts for further review/approval in accordance with enterprise procedures.
- Working with business partners to manage contracts and all current and future Statements of Work (SOW), working with business partners to ensure acceptance and feasibility, confirming congruence with master contract terms and working with legal counsel to establish contract wordings
- Working with service providers to modify terms and conditions to meet operational objectives of the business
- Supporting the legal team in initiatives to continuously improve the team’s processes and service delivery models to meet the evolving needs of the organization, support contract risk management and drive efficiencies e.g. developing self-help tools, templates and checklists, policies, procedures and training.
What do you bring to the role?
- Post-secondary education (university or college degree).
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar role with extensive contract lifecycle management experience with complex IT agreements.
- Experience drafting and negotiating a broad range of standard and non-standard contracts. Experience working with information technology agreements preferred, including master services agreements, statements of work and support and service level agreements, SaaS and cloud agreements, software and data licensing, hardware agreements, reseller agreements, consulting agreements and RFPs.
- Experience with cloud-based enterprise contract lifecycle management software, and an interest in legal technology and digital contracting is an asset
- Problem-solving and solutioning skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills including strong verbal and written communication skills
- Pro-active, self-starter with a strong sense of urgency, who can manage multiple work tasks simultaneously to closure, conducting timely follow ups to ensure issues and questions are addressed
- Willingness to build strong business relationships and ability to deal with staff at all levels within the organization in a professional manner
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).