Economical is part of Definity, which includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, Definity has grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
What can you expect in this role?
- Provide ongoing coaching and instructions in the investigation/adjustment of large and complex claims
- Direct handling of large or complex claims
- Reviewing risks and exposures on large and complex losses and provide technical leadership to claims personnel
- Provide feedback and guidance to Team Leaders regarding the claims staff's performance
- Provide technical support to the Line Manager
- Liaising with Underwriting on line-specific technical matters
- Work with Claims Representatives to set and maintain accurate reserves
- Ensuring corporate claims standards, policies and procedures are adhered to
- Overseeing and undertaking file reviews and audits, completing reports outlining findings and assisting with corporate audits
- Assist Team Leaders with staff development by participating and developing action plans to resolve litigation files
- Liaise with Corporate Claims Technical Advisors on matters relating to line-specific policies, procedures and standards
- Provide relevant updates for industry, legal and corporate developments to the region through in-house seminars and/or communications
What do you bring to the role?
- Completed university degree or college diploma or CIP designation
- Minimum 5 years of experience in accident benefits and dealing with large losses and complex claims and a similar length of experience managing claims through the dispute resolution process
- An understanding of the Statutory Accident Benefits Schedule
- Good oral and written communications skills, influencing and coaching abilities
- Prior supervisory level experience and the ability to provide technical guidance to team members would be a strong asset
- Professional, friendly and courteous in all interactions - whether with customers or co-workers
- Performs well in a busy operation and remains calm under pressure
- Able to make sound decisions in a timely manner, at times with limited information
- Team player adaptable to a changing environment
- Overall business approach includes customer-service, teamwork, ownership and flexibility
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).