Senior Planning Analyst
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID : 5252
Category : Claims
Brand : Economical
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Mississauga, Canada
What can you expect in this role?
The Senior Planning Analyst will be responsible for leading the preparation of presentation materials to the Claims Leadership Team. This position is a key support analyst for the claims operations and will assist in ad hoc requests as needed. This role will primarily be responsible for consolidating reporting of results to plans for storyboarding and Investor relations enquiry support. There will be a significant amount of collaboration involved, so the ability to adapt to different work styles is critical. This role will assist in the development of business initiative cases, including the modelling of expected results and tracking actual results post-implementation. This role will provide support to the planning and forecasting process by determining the line level impact of these business initiatives. Identifying the correct source of data, extracting the data and structuring it in a meaningful way are critical parts of this responsibility. Being able to define cause and effect relationships is critical to success in this role. Identifying and explaining variances to plan/forecast and articulating the key drivers is critical to success in this role. Exceptional communication (verbal & written), influencing and problem-solving skills will be necessary. The ability to create effective PowerPoint presentations will be critical to effectively conveying results and expectations to the claims leadership team and various stakeholders.
Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills are critical. This role requires a highly analytical mindset and a keen sense of business drivers. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential for this business partner role. Attention to detail and thoroughness are key skills. Attention to detail and accuracy will be paramount to success as well.
- Collaborating with Line of Business Leaders and Managing the modelling of business cases and tracking actual results. Attending weekly initiative meetings and participate/present results as required.
- Collaborating with the Claims Operational Team to drive business performance initiatives and manage performance reporting.
- Investor relations support for claims storytelling.
- Adhoc Analyses and Reporting (supporting planning process)
What do you bring to the role?
- University Degree - Finance Oriented.
- 5+ years of experience in a financial or management modelling/reporting role.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills are required for this role.
- Strong work ethic.
- Insurance industry experience would be highly beneficial but is not required.
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including credit & criminal checks)
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).